I’m gonna be honest guys.
I’m a little nervous.
Tomorrow is my half marathon and, considering I’ve injured myself before the last 2 half marathons I’ve trained for, I’m a pretty nervous that in the next 24 hours I’ll trip or fall or run into something and not be able to run my race.
But, that’s no way to think, is it!
No. So instead I’m going to envision myself running across the finish line injury free and having achieved my goal, which is basically to run faster than the only other 1/2 marathon I’ve ran.
In other news, these Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins and Brett and my newest obsession. When I was doing research on how to make lemon flavored muffins, so many of the recipes called for just 1 teaspoons of lemon zest and not much else.
Hello people, I want LEMON flavored muffins, not muffins with the most subtle hint of lemon.
Yeah, so for this recipe I used the lest and juice of a whole lemon and it makes these muffins taste beautifully of lemon. To be honest if you’re like me and taste the batter before baking these muffins, you’ll probably think it doesn’t taste any good. But once baked these Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins are perfectly sweet and zesty with pops of blueberry speckled all throughout. They’re soft on the inside and toasted on the outside.
Please give these simple and delicious Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup liquid sweetener (maple syrup, agave, etc.)
- ⅓ cup neutral oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- juice of one lemon
- Preheat your oven to 400F/205C degrees and grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray or line them with silicone baking cups.
- In a small bowl, prepare the flax egg by mixing together 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredient, from the flour to the lemon zest.
- Add in the non-dairy milk, sweetener, oil and flax egg and mix until the batter just comes together.
- Add in the blueberries and lemon juice and mix until just combined.
- Divid the batter among the 12 muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on the top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before enjoying!