Happy Halloween from China!
I have know idea how this recipe came to me, but I’m so glad it did!
Maybe it’s my love of sweet potatoes and chocolate.
Maybe it’s the cooler weather that’s making me feel like I need to be sitting around a fire, roasting marshmallows.
Maybe it’s the vegan marshmallows constantly staring at me from my pantry shelf.
Whatever it was, I will be forever grateful for the thing/situation that made me think of making this Vegan Sweet Potatoes S’mores…cause they’re absolutely delicious!
I mean, you really can’t go wrong with sweet, gooey baked sweet potatoes stuffed with sugary marshmallows and rich, melty chocolate, can you?!
Brett and I are both training for a half marathon currently (which is less than a week away…praises!) and so we seem to be eating everything in our path. These Vegan Sweet Potato S’mores were such a fun, creative way for us to enjoy an American fall staple from our apartment here in China.
These Vegan Sweet Potato S’mores are perfect for anyone, like me, who doesn’t have access to graham crackers or for anyone that has gluten allergies. These are also perfect for anyone, again like me, who doesn’t have access to a place to build a fire and roast marshmallows on a stick. Just use some leftover baked sweet potatoes, stuff them with the two main ingredients, place them back in the oven until warm, and voila! You’ve got the most amazing dessert all warm and gooey and ready to be devoured!
Please let me know if you give these simple, 3 ingredient Vegan Sweet Potato S’mores a try and let me know what you think! Brett and I thought they were insanely delicious, so I hope you feel the same way!
- PER PERSON
- 1 pre-baked sweet potato
- 3-4 vegan marshmallow
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your baked sweet potato open lengthwise and place some of the dark chocolate chunks inside.
- Top the chocolate with 3-4 vegan marshmallows and then sprinkle more dark chocolate on top.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven and allow them to get warm, the chocolate to melt and the marshmallows to become toasted on top.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm!