I have a yummy, simple recipe for Vegan Mashed Cauliflower and Tomato Chickpeas at the end of this post, but I also wanted to share my breakfast and lunch with you. This was a delicious day of food and I hope these meals give you inspiration for more plant-based meals that you can incorporate into your diet! I definitely had snacks this day as well but forgot to take photos. Whoops!
I ordered a bunch of new hot cereals off iHerb and they came this past week and I’ve been having so much fun trying them out. This morning I had Carrot Buckwheat Cereal topped with banana, strawberries, granola and cacao nibs. Yum!
Lunch was simple and delicious. I ate two kinds of steamed sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots and pressure cooker black beans on top of some lettuce. I recently got a new, bigger steamer and it may easily become my most used kitchen gadget. It’s a life savor and cooks food so quickly!
Dinner was somewhat of an experiment that turned out so deliciously that I wanted to share the recipe with you! I made Mashed Cauliflower and topped it with Tomato-y chickpeas. Topped with hot sauce and nutritional yeast, this meal was amazing!
- MASHED CAULIFLOWER:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- TOMATO CHICKPEAS:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 10 oz. button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Start by chopping up your cauliflower and either boiling it in a lot of water or steaming it until soft.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, prepare the Tomato Chickpeas. In a saucepan with a little water, sautee the onion and garlic until the onion is soft. Add in the cumin and salt and pepper and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, mushrooms and chickpeas and cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- Once the cauliflower is fork tender, add it, along with the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until thick and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- To plate this meal, put a large amount of cauliflower mash into a bowl and top it with the tomato chickpeas, hot sauce and more nutritional yeast.