- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Bear Bread
- Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- Almond Milk
- Non-dairy Yogurt (Can you even believe it!! I’ll share more soon.)
- Wheat Thins
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, minced
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy butter*
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- Sea salt for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and rosemary.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the butter until there are now pieces larger than a pea.
- Combine the maple syrup and water in a small bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. It might seem dry at first, but use your hands to keep incorporating the ingredients until you get a ball of dough.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- On a silicone baking mat (or parchment paper) roll out 1/4 of the dough at a time into a rectangle. Roll it as thin as possible! And then roll it even thinner!
- Use a long, sharp knife to cut the dough into squares or triangles. Make the crackers whatever size and shape you want. If you like perfect crackers, you will probably need to trim up the edges of your dough. Otherwise keep things rustic!
- Do step 6 with another 1/4 of the dough so that you have two sets of crackers ready to bake. Pull the parchment paper onto baking sheets.
- Sprinkle the crackers with sea salt and slightly press the salt into the dough.
- Bake the crackers for 5-10 minutes until slightly browned. It's a long range of time because it all depends on how thin you roll your crackers. Mine usually take about 8 minutes. Be careful though because they can go from perfect to burnt in a short time.
- Repeat steps 6-9 for the rest of the dough.
- Brake any crackers apart that are stuck together and let them cool on a separate plate.
- Store them in an air tight container.
*I used Earth Balance.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 10 crackers
Amount Per Serving Calories 97Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 12mgSodium 201mgCarbohydrates 12gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 1gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.