Made with creamy pumpkin puree and speckled with chocolate chips, these Whole Wheat Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes are the perfect way to start your fall mornings!
I'm in Nashville!!
And I couldn't be more excited about it!
Brett and I left China 1 ½ weeks ago. On our way home to America we stopped in a larger city in China to see friends and also spent 4 days in NYC. The fact that we're finally in Nashville and not living out of suitcases is so exciting.
We'll be based out of Brett's parent's house here in Nashville during our 6 month stay in the States. I always feel like I'm on vacation when I'm at their house (usually because I am haha!). Their house is so roomy and cozy and we usually gather there as a family for fun occasions, so I'm excited for some extended time with them as we wait for the arrival for our baby girl. I can't wait to do all the fall/winter things in Nashville such as hiking/walking, sitting around the fire pit, watching Christmas movies while drinking hot chocolate, and making fun breakfasts like these Whole Wheat Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes!
Brett and I are feeling really spoiled with all the food options here in America. It's so nice to buy pumpkin puree instead of having to make it myself. I also can't get over how many different kinds of non-dairy milks I can just buy at the store. What a treat! Having so many food items at my finger tips makes life a little easier, so I'm going to be grateful for this short season of being in America.
I actually made these Whole Wheat Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes right before Brett and I left China. We had some pumpkin puree in the fridge and I had lots of flours that I was trying to use up. The batter for these pancakes took me minutes to whip up and we loved the final result! They're hearty and sweet and taste amazing speckled with chocolate chips. We ate them for dinner the night before we left for America and they hit the spot!
I know there are a bazillion pumpkin pancakes recipes already floating around the internet, but I hope the recipe for these Whole Wheat Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes is simple and easy for you to make and enjoy anytime of the week. If you give this recipe a try, please let me know in the comments below! Or even better, take a picture of the finished product and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Prepare your flax eggs by whisking the 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water. Set the “eggs” aside to thicken
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients, from the flour to the salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients, from the pumpkin puree to the maple syrup, including the thickened flax eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- On a heated non-stick pan or a pan greased with cooking spray or coconut oil, cook ¼ cup of pancake batter at a time. Pour the batter onto the hot skillet and spread it out with the back of spoon to make a round circle. Wait for bubbles to form in the batter before flipping the pancake over and allowing the other side to cook for another minute or two. Continue this process until all of the batter is used up.
- Serve the pancakes warm with maple syrup, more chocolate chips or whatever toppings you desire!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 pancake
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 18mgSodium 149mgCarbohydrates 24gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 3gSugar 11gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.