Studded with vibrant zucchini, crunchy walnuts and chewy raisins, this hearty and sweet Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal recipe is a healthy and satisfying way to start your day!
Oatmeal is by far my favorite way to start the day.
It's tasty, satisfying and nutritious.
What's not to love?!
Plus, it's so versatile!
You can cook oatmeal in the microwave, on the stove top, or like in today's recipe, bake it in the oven.
You can turn this into any flavor you desire...such as this zucchini I'm about to show you 🙂
Really, I could keep going on and on about how much I love oatmeal!
Ingredients You'll Need for Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
Other than some freshly shredded zucchini, this zucchini bread baked oatmeal requires just a handful of pantry staple ingredients.
I'll list out everything you need to make this recipe:
How to Make Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal isn't one of those foods you eat every single morning, but it is our family's favorite way to eat oatmeal.
The truth is that this kind of oatmeal appeals to those who love anything that comes out of the oven. It's denser and chewier than what you'll get with oatmeal cooked on the stove top, which tends to have a more creamy, soupy texture to it.
This method allows you to slice it and serve it with your favorite fruit or spread!
Baked Oatmeal Process
Time needed: 15 minutes.
To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Mix Wet Ingredients
Start by whisking together the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl, including any sugars, spices and salt.
- Add in Dry Ingredients
Then add in rolled oats and any mix-ins you desire, such as shredded vegetables, sliced or chopped frozen, fresh or dried fruit as well as any nuts or seeds. For this particular recipe, we're obviously putting in the zucchini as well.
- Pour into Baking Dish
Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and use a spoon to make the batter nice and level. You want to make sure the oats and liquid are evenly distributed before you begin to bake.
- Bake and Set
Bake the oatmeal until it's firm and set. Oven should be at 350F / 175C.
- Slice and Serve!
Slice and serve this zucchini bake with your favorite toppings!
Different Flavors for Baked Oatmeal
When it comes to creating different flavors of baked oatmeal, the possibilities are limited only by your own creativity.
Below I'll list out the other baked oatmeal recipes I've shared on the blog so you can have lots of different flavors to choose from.
- Vegan Brownie Batter Baked Oatmeal
- Make-Ahead Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- Berry Baked Oatmeal
Once you've tried out all of these different recipes, you can come up with your own flavor combinations! I like to think through my favorite quick bread or cake flavors and use those as inspiration.
- 1 flax egg (3 tablespoons water + 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed)
- 1 ½ cups non dairy milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Optional: Chopped walnuts and/or raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350F/175C degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl make your flax egg by whisking together 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water. Allow it to sit and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Once your flax egg has thickened, add in the non-dairy milk, coconut sugar, coconut oil, salt and spices and whisk well to combine.
- Stir in the rolled oats and zucchini and, if using, the walnuts and raisins.
- Pour the batter into your greased baking dish and spread the mixture out until even and the liquid and oats are evenly distributed.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until set.
- Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 393Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 54mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 6gSugar 24gProtein 12g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.