These Super Seed Granola Bars might be my new favorite recipe.
They’re that good.
AND they just so happen to be ridiculously good FOR you as well. Brett and I (and any friends or family members that visit us) have been enjoying my 5 Ingredient Adaptable Granola Bars for quite a while now. They’re our go-to snack and are so delicious and easy to make. They can take on so many different flavors depending on which nut butter or add-ins you choose, which is also an amazing feature. I’m pretty sure we’ll always have them in our house.
But lately I’ve been wanting to try experimenting with a new granola bar recipe that we can eat throughout the week for snacks or quick meals on the go. Thankfully these Super Seed Granola Bars ended up being the amazing result I was hoping for.
These Super Seed Granola Bars are made with multiple different kinds of nuts and seeds to keep you satiated for long periods of time. They’re sweetened mainly with dates and are perfectly gooey and chewy.
I also love that I can make them with my blender instead of a food processor!
Please let me know if you give these Super Seed Granola Bars a try and what you think! Leave your comments down below or take a picture and tag #theconscientiouseater on Instagram so I can see how they turned out!
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, process the almonds and pumpkin seeds until a fine meal forms. Pour them into a mixing bowl.
- Next, blend together the dates, water, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut butter and vanilla extract until a smooth paste forms. Set aside.
- Add the sunflower seeds, raisins, shredded coconut, ground flaxseed and cinnamon to the almond/pumpkin seed meal and stir to combine.
- Pour the date paste into the dry ingredients and stir until a homogenous, dough forms.
- Press the dough into your prepared baking pan and place the pan in the freezer to set for about 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and cut the bars into squares or rectangles. Place the cut up granola bars into a container and store in the freezer. Allow the bars to thaw for a minute or two before enjoying!