These rich and sweet Vegan Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars are gooey in the middle and crispy on the top, making for a delicious snack or breakfast on the go.
I’m not much of a fruity dessert girl, but when it comes to these vegan Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars, I’m ALL IN!
However, these jam bars are definitely my favorite of them all.
They are gooey and sweet on the inside and crumbly and oat-y on the outside.
Oh, and did I mention they require less than 10 ingredients?
I’d even go as far to say that, if you wanted, you could have these for breakfast or a snack!
Let me show you how to make them.
Like I mentioned above, these jam bars require less than 10 ingredients. If you bake often, then you probably have quite a few of them already in your pantry. I'll list out everything you'll need below:
- Quick cooking oats
- Spelt flour (white or whole wheat flour works too!)
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil, melted
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Strawberry jam (or whatever flavor is your favorite!)
- Shredded coconut
These bars can really be filled with whatever flavor jam is your favorite. The possibilities are endless!
How to Make Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
Making these bars is fairly simple.
Step 3: In a small sauce pan, melt the coconut oil. Then add it, along with the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the dry mixture and stir until a moist dough forms. Set aside about ¾ cup of the oat mixture for the topping.
Step 4: Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking pan. Spread the jam over the top to within ½ inch of the edge.
Step 5: Add the shredded coconut to the reserved oat topping and then sprinkle it over the jam. Press down slightly to get the crumb topping to stick into the jelly.
Step 6: Bake the bars for about 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow them to cool in the pan completely before using the parchment paper to lift them out of the pan and cut them into squares.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container on the counter for a few days. Alternatively, you can place them in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks...if they last that long!
Vegan Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F and grease an 8x8 baking dish and set it aside.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking pan. Spread the jam over the top to within ½ inch of the edge.
- Add the shredded coconut to the reserved topping and then sprinkle it over the jam. Press down slightly to get the crumb topping to stick into the jelly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!