You’re currently reading this post while I’m in Seoul, Korea!
It’s always fun to travel to new countries and Brett and I are definitely trying to make the most of living in China and being neighbors with so many beautiful countries in South East Asia. I’ll definitely be sharing a South Korea recap when we get back, but for now let’s talk about these Vegan Crepes.
So, remember the friend that had the amazing you-should-turn-okara-into-hummus-idea? Well, she has quickly become my best friend here in China which means she’s over at our house often. We love to watch movies together, chat, go shopping, get boba tea after class, get sucked into Youtube, and more recently experiment in the kitchen. Being a food blogger, I need friends in my life that also love food and don’t mind tasting the results of my experiments. We are often whipping up warming, comforting drinks or desserts together to enjoy while watching a movie.
Lately we’ve been getting really into brunch foods and that’s how these Vegan Crepes were born. Brett, my friend and I often hangout on Sunday mornings together and so we’ve started a tradition of either eating a late breakfast or lunch together and it usually turns into a feast. I decided to whip up an easy Vegan Crepe batter and test it out the other week and the result was a definite winner. I couldn’t believe how easy they were to prepare and even to make. Crepes have always scared me in the past because of how runny the batter is and how thin you need to make each crepe. I thought for sure they’d all stick to the pan or I’d be unable to make a circular shape, but gosh they were easy!
I decided to film a little video on how I made them so hopefully seeing me make them will give you the courage to make them yourself. They are absolutely delicious stuffed with nut butter, cookie butter, sliced banana, granola, dried fruit, jelly, coconut whipped cream, maple syrup, cinnamon apples and the list goes on!
I also plan to experiment with whole wheat crepes and savory crepes when we get back from Korea so stay tuned for that!
Until then, please give these Vegan Crepes a try and let me know how they turn out for you! Leave a comment down below or take a picture and tag #theconscientiouseater on Instagram so I can see your creation!
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all of the crepe ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and refrigerate the batter for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, heat a skillet on medium heat and, unless you're using a non-stick pan, spray the skillet with cooking spray.
- Using a ladle, pour a ladle's worth amount of batter into the middle of the pan and use the back of the ladle to spread the batter out into a thin circle.
- Allow the crepe to cook for about 1 minute before carefully using a spatula to flip it over. Allow the crepe to cook another 30 seconds to 1 minute before removing the crepe and placing it on a plate.
- Continue this process until all of the batter has been used.
- Fill the crepes with whatever fillings you desire.
*Loosely adapted from All Recipes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 crepe
Amount Per Serving Calories 97Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 75mgCarbohydrates 17gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 5gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.