With a base of hearty vegetables and spicy Italian vegan sausages, this Vegan Pizza Soup is a delicious meal for anytime of year.
We don't discriminate when it comes to pizza in our house.
Even if it's pizza soup!
Yes, you read that correctly.
Pizza soup is a thing and it's delicious!
Let me show you how to make it!
Ingredients for Vegan Pizza Soup
Pizza soup thankfully doesn't require too many ingredients.
Just think of it as a rich, tomato-based soup with hearty vegan sausage, veggies and Italian herbs laced throughout each bite.
Sprinkle some cheese on top if desired, and you'll have a warming bowl of pizza soup!
To make vegan pizza soup, you'll need the following 9 ingredients:
- Vegan sausage links
- Yellow pepper
- Vegetable broth
- Pizza sauce
- Italian style diced tomatoes
- Pizza seasoning
For garnish, you can always sprinkle on some vegan shredded mozzarella, homemade vegan parmesan or fresh parsley!
How to Make Vegan Pizza Soup
I discovered this amazing pizza soup recipe from my sister-in-law back in 2018.
Thankfully it required only one small ingredient swap to make it fully vegan!
That's the recipe I'm sharing with you today.
To make this pizza soup, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
STEP 1: In a large sauce pan with some oil, cooking spray or vegetable broth, cook the chopped onion and sausage links until the onion is transparent and sausages have browned. Use a wooden spoon to break the sausages up into bite size pieces.
STEP 2: Once the onion is cooked and the sausages are browned, pour them into a bowl and set aside.
STEP 4: Add in the remaining ingredients, including the cooked onion and sausage, and stir well. Bring everything to boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the soup to simmer for about 10 minutes.
STEP 5: Taste and add more pizza seasoning or salt and pepper to taste.
Best Brands of Vegan Sausage
Thankfully it's super easy to find vegan sausage at the grocery store, so you should have no trouble finding all of the ingredients for this pizza soup.
However, some vegan sausages are better than others!
However, use whatever you have access to!
I know this soup will still taste amazing!
If you love sausage based soups, then you'll also love this creamy Vegan Zuppa Toscana!
Best Bread to Serve with Soup
In my opinion, soup must be served some kind of bread!
We need something to dip in the soup, right?
Below I've listed out some of my favorite homemade bread recipes to serve alongside this pizza soup. I hope you can try one of them out!
- Easy Italian Bread Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Artisan Bread
- Easy Vegan Pizza Bread
- Traditional Irish Brown Bread
- Whole Wheat No-Knead Sandwich Bread
- Vegan Irish Soda Bread
In addition to some fresh bread, I love to serve this soup with a fresh side salad to round out the meal.
Other Soup Recipes
Looking for more vegan soup recipes? Be sure to check out my
- Creamy Vegan Tomato Zucchini Soup
- Vegan Three Bean Chili
- Creamy Chickpea and Rice Soup
- Roasted Cauliflower Chowder
- 1 Pot African Peanut Stew (Maafe)
Vegan Pizza Soup
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 Italian vegan sausage links coarsely chopped (about 9 oz.)
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms chopped
- 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 14.5 ounces Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- In a large sauce pan with some oil, cooking spray or vegetable broth, cook the chopped onion and sausage links until the onion is transparent and sausages have browned. Use a wooden spoon to break the sausages up into bite size pieces.
- Once the onion is cooked and the sausages are browned, pour them into a bowl and set aside.
- Add a little more oil, cooking spray or vegetable broth to the sauce pan and add in the vegetables. Cook the zucchini, yellow pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until starting to soften.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, including the onion and sausage, and stir well. Bring everything to boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the soup to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and add more pizza seasoning or salt and pepper to taste.