I need to warn you guys.
Over the course of the next month you’re going to hear me talk a lot about Brett’s family coming to visit.
I may be just a little excited…
okay, a whole freakin’ lot excited!!
Brett’s parents and sister and her entire family, including husband and three kids, are coming to visit us over Christmas and New Years and Brett and I are counting down the days. I remember when it became official that they were going to visit over 6 months ago and now we’re just over a month away.
Time is flying!
This past week, Brett’s mom, sister and I had the “food” conversation where we tried to plan some meals and snacks for while they’re here. Cooking and shopping in China is no easy feat. You have to walk or taxi everywhere and all the modern, ready-made conveniences of America aren’t available. If you don’t want to eat every meal at a restaurant (which we definitely don’t), then some planning needs to happen.
Brett’s family didn’t want me to be stressed and feel like I had to prep a bunch of food before they arrive, but I would be stressed if I didn’t prepare anything. Plus, cooking for people, especially family, is my favorite thing to do so I couldn’t be happier to have some snack and meal ideas that I can prepare in advance!
These 4 Ingredient Vegan Rocky Road Bars are definitely going to be in our fridge for when they get here. I couldn’t believe how easy and amazing these bars were. They came together in a flash and can be stored for ages. I love the contrasting textures of the soft, chewy marshmallows and the crunchy, salty peanuts. And you can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter, can you?
A little bite of the 4 Ingredient Vegan Rocky Road Bars goes a long way, so this recipe made quite a few smaller servings, but feel free to cut the bars into larger squares too!
Please let me know if you give these amazingly simple and delicious 4 Ingredient Vegan Rocky Road Bars a try! And if you do, don’t forget to take a picture and tag #theconscientiouseater on Instagram so I can see how they turned out!
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup chopped vegan marshmallows (I love Dandies)
- ¼ cup salted peanuts
- Start by melting the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Once melted, remove the chocolate from the steam and stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Allow the chocolate to cool before adding in the marshmallows, otherwise they will melt.
- Once the chocolate is cool, stir in the marshmallows and peanuts.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone loaf pan or a loaf pan lined with wax paper.
- Allow the chocolate to harden in the fridge.
- Once hard, remove the chocolate bar from the pan and cut into squares.