Frozen bananas get coated in a sweet peanut butter "caramel", a rich chocolate drizzle and salty, roasted peanuts to make these Healthy Frozen Banana Snickers! You'll want these in your freezer all summer long!
Anything with the name "snickers" in it is a win in my book.
What's not to love about a nougat base, creamy caramel filling and rich chocolate coating?
While name-brand snickers are delicious, in my opinion, they aren't made with the healthiest ingredients.
That's why I created this Frozen Banana Snickers recipe!
These healthy "snickers" are rich, creamy and refreshing all at the same time!
Let me show you how to make them!
Ingredients You'll Need for Healthy Frozen Banana Snickers
I don't think there is anything wrong with having a classic snickers bar on the rare occasion.
However, if you want to enjoy a "snickers" everyday, then I highly recommend making this healthier version!
The great thing about these frozen banana snickers is that they require just a handful of ingredients, many of which you probably already have on hand!
- Ripe bananas
- Natural peanut butter
- Peanut flour
- Maple syrup
- Salted, roasted peanuts
- Dark chocolate
- Coconut oil
Isn't this list so much shorter and natural than a store-bought snickers bar?
How to Make Healthy Snickers
To make these healthier, snickers-inspired frozen banana treats, you'll need to follow just a few simple step-by-step instructions which I'll write out below!
- Step 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Step 2: Peel your ripe bananas. Cut them in half and then slice those halves vertically so you are left with ¼ banana pieces that have a long, flat section. Place them on your lined baking sheet.
- Step 3: In a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, peanut flour and maple syrup until well combined and thick.
- Step 4: Spread about 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture on top of the flat part of your sliced bananas.
- Step 5: Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Step 6: Drizzle the chocolate over top of the peanut butter coated bananas and then sprinkle over the chopped up roasted peanuts.
Step 7: Place the banana "snickers" in the freezer until hardened.
How to Store Frozen Banana Snickers
Frozen bananas have a tendency to thaw really quickly, so I like to store these in the freezer at all times.
Once they've frozen initially on the baking sheet, you can transfer them to an airtight container or a freezer-safe zip-lock bag until ready to enjoy.
I like to eat these straight out of the freezer, but if you think they are too hard, you can let them sit at room temperature for a few minutes before enjoying.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut flour
- 2.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 bananas
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped