Sweetened with fruit, this 5 Ingredient Date Sweetened Chickpea Cookie Dough is a healthy, delicious, kid friendly dip for some of your favorite snacks!
I know chickpea cookie dough is an old concept, but for some reason I had a hankering for some recently. But not just any chickpea cookie dough. I wanted simple, fruit sweetened chickpea cookie dough. I wanted something sweet that I could dip my apples or pretzels into, but that wouldn't leave me with a sugar rush or stomach ache if I ate a hearty serving.
Y'all know I'm a volume eater. I don't do small portions. I'm all about serving bowl sized salads, voluminous bowls of morning oats and baked sweet potatoes the size of my face. The combination of flavors I love and large portions is what satisfies me...oh and healthy fats of course (ahem, nut butter). That's exactly why I wanted to create a cookie dough that was made with ingredients I'd be fine eating a large volume of in one sitting...if I so desired.
That's exactly what this 5 Ingredient Date Sweetened Chickpea Cookie Dough is...delicious, sweet nutrition that can be scooped up with apple slices, smeared onto banana coins or eaten straight off of the spoon.
This 5 Ingredient Date Sweetened Chickpea Cookie Dough is also something I'd happily give to Harper once she gets a little bit older. I'm actually amazed at how excited I am to start feeing her solids. I'm fully aware that it could be a disaster and I may find myself with the pickiest of eaters, but I'm excited to have her try so many of the whole plant foods that I love and enjoy on a daily basis.
I'm also excited for you to try this simple 5 ingredient recipe! I would love to know if you give this 5 Ingredient Date Sweetened Chickpea Cookie Dough a try and what you think! Even better I'd love to know if you serve it to your kids and whether they like it or now. Leave a review down below and rate the recipe.
5 Ingredient Date Sweetened Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Place the 1 cup of dates in a bowl and cover them with boiling water to soak and soften.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips if using) and process until a smooth dough forms. This will take a while you will probably have to stop your food processor to scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Once the dough is smooth add in some dairy-free chocolate chips if desired.
- Serve with sweet crackers, pretzels, apple and banana slices or smeared on toast!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days.