- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl prepare your flax egg by whisking 1 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using two knives or a pastry cutter, cut in the coconut oil until there are no clumps larger than pea size.
- Add the coconut milk and agave nectar to your flax egg and stir to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the craisins.
- Place the dough in the middle of your baking sheet and use your hand to flatten it into a circle about 1 1/2 inches high. Cut the dough into 6-8 equal wedges, but keep the dough together in a circle.
- If using the coarse sugar, sprinkle 1 tablespoon on top of the wedges and gently press it into the dough so they don't rub off.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the scones are cooked through and the bottom is golden.
- Eat warm or store in an airtight container for a few days.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 large scone
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 423mgCarbohydrates 51gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 16gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 5g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.