Creamy, tangy and full of whole grains and seeds, these Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats are a refreshing and unique way to start your day!
It's no surprise we love overnight oats in our house.
They're hearty, refreshing during the hot, summer months and packed with nutrition.
What's not to love?!
Over the years I've shared a plethora of vegan overnight oats recipes and I still haven't run out of flavors to share.
My personal favorite flavors include:
- Vanilla Protein Overnight Oats with Zucchini;
- Healthy Cookie Dough Overnight Oats;
- And of course the Double Chocolate Overnight Oats you can find on my 5 Amazing Make Ahead Overnight Oats Recipes!
But today I'm sharing a unique key lime flavor that I'm sure you're going to love.
They're tangy, creamy and perfect for a refreshing, make-ahead summer breakfast.
Let me show you how to make them!
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight Oats are oats that you soak in milk and/or yogurt overnight until they are soft and creamy.
Oftentimes, overnight oats also contain ingredients such as chia seeds, spices and other flavorings.
The thing I love most about overnight oats is that you can meal-prep a few servings at a time, store them in your fridge and enjoy them when needed!
Plus, the flavor possibilities are endless when it comes to overnight oats so you'll never get tired of them!
Ingredients You'll Need for Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats
You'll just need a handful of ingredients to make these vegan and gluten-free Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats.
I'll list out all the ingredients below!
- Oatmeal (Rolled or quick oats both work fine)
- Chia seeds
- Non-dairy yogurt (unsweetened vanilla if possible!)
- Non-dairy milk
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Optional: Granola or crushed Graham crackers for topping (I love to pair my Tahini Granola with these overnight oats!)
How to Make Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats
Making these Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats couldn't be easier.
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions below and you'll have a jar of tangy overnight oats waiting for you in the fridge in no time!
- Step 1: In a mason jar, stir together the oatmeal and chia seeds until well the chia seeds are well distributed among the oats.
- Step 2: Add in the non-dairy milk, non-dairy yogurt, lime juice, lime zest and maple syrup and stir everything well to combine.
- Step 3: Seal the jar and place the oats in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours so that the flavors can meld and the oats can thicken.
- Step 4: To serve, you can enjoy these straight out of the jar or pour them into a bowl and top them with your favorite toppings such as fruit and/or granola.
How Long Do Overnight Oats Last in the Fridge?
Overnight oats are great to meal prep, because they last for a 4-5 days in the fridge, depending on which ingredients you use.
These key lime pie overnight oats should last for 3-4 days in the fridge. Because of the lime juice, you make just need to stir them well before eating as there may be some separation.
Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats (Vegan!)
- ½ cup rolled or quick oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ⅓ cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- ⅔ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup or to taste*
- Graham cracker crumbs
- fruit for topping
- In a mason jar or sealable container, stir together the oats, chia seeds and lime zest.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir everything well to combine.
- Seal the jar and store the oats in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours until thickened.
- To serve, enjoy the oats straight out of the jar or pour them into a bowl and add whatever toppings you desire.