Juicy, tart raspberries and melty chocolate chips make these Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins the perfect sweet treat!
Are you guys sick of muffin recipes yet?! Cause I still can’t get over how much I love this One-Bowl Basic Vegan Muffin Recipe!! Seriously, it has been a lifesaver this past month as I’ve done lots of hosting and have needed a snack I can make in a pinch. Usually I’m more prepared when I host people, but lately I’ve been whipping up a new flavor of muffins an hour before people knock on my door. Still I’m amazed that even with my procrastination I can have some warm, delicious, vegan muffins ready for my guests in just 30 minutes.
A while back, I shared on my Instagram that I was working on a basic vegan muffin recipe and I needed flavor ideas to try out. Quite a few people commented on some of their favorite flavor combinations and Raspberry Chocolate Chip was one I hadn’t considered. I’m glad it was suggested too, because these Raspberry Chocolate Chip Vegan Muffins turned out to be one of Brett’s favorites! Yes, chocolate chips may have had something to do with that, but you really can’t go wrong with sweet, juicy raspberries and melty chocolate.
I really hope you guys can give my One-Bowl Basic Vegan Muffin Recipe a shot with your own favorite flavor combinations. All the muffins I’ve made using this adaptable recipe have turned out perfectly shaped, moist, and delicious!
In the coming weeks I’ll be sharing a few more variations including Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Muffins with Crumb Topping, Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins, and Vegan Banana Nut Muffins. I normally wouldn’t share so many muffin recipes, but doing a series of recipes allows me to post more easily while I’m traveling. Brett and I are counting down the days until our trip to Europe (we leave Monday night!) and while I want to continue sharing plant-based recipe with you all, I want to be able to fully enjoy our time with my parents and our adventures exploring Europe.
I’m excited to share pictures and stories with you of our time in Europe! I’m sure I’ll have some delicious food to show you too:)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dry sugar (coconut palm sugar, organic cane sugar, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 flax egg (3 tablespoons water + 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare your flax egg by whisking 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with three tablespoons of water. Set aside to gel while you prepare the rest of the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips. Evenly divide the batter among the 12 muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
- Store in an air-tight container outside of the fridge for a couple days or in the fridge for up to a week. Best when warmed slightly before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 2mgSodium 221mgCarbohydrates 36gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 18gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.