While I wish I was in China right now, there are some perks to being back at my sister-in-law’s house.
More family time.
A pool in the backyard.
Access to delicious veggie burgers (we’ve kinda become addicted over the last few months during our time in America).
Oh, and waffle makers.
Yep. I’m officially reunited with my sister-in-law’s waffle maker and it’s been a delicious reunion.
I actually wasn’t expecting to have such success with these Vegan Chocolate Oat Flour Waffles, but after a couple of attempts, they really are perfect. They have everything I hope for in a waffle. Rich chocolatey flavor. Healthy ingredients. Crispy outside. Oat-y inside.
Ah yeah. They’re delicious!
I love topping my Vegan Chocolate Oat Flour Waffles with fresh berries, banana slices, roasted cacao nibs and of course maple syrup. You could also mix mini chocolate chips into the batter to make these double chocolate waffles. And if you do that, you may as well top everything off with some chocolate sauce to make these triple chocolate waffles.
Okay, okay Faith. Don’t get carried away now. Everyone already knows how much of a choco-holic you are.
I asked on my Instastories if people would be interested in another waffle recipe. I’ve never owned a waffle maker and wasn’t sure if many people had one in their kitchen. However, much to my surprise, tons of people said they wanted the recipe! I too hope to own my own waffle maker and it’s looking like that may happen. Since I usually live in China I have to find one on 240V and I haven’t been able to find one in stores or on-line that I like yet. Thankfully, on our way back to China we are considering stopping in Ireland to visit my parents and I’m pretty sure I could find one there since they run on 240V as well. I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but how cool would it be to be able to make Saturday morning waffles a tradition in our family or to serve different flavored waffles to our friends at a brunch party.
Until I have my own waffle maker though, I will keep on enjoying my sister-in-law’s waffle maker. I really hope that you guys can give these Vegan Chocolate Oat Flour Waffles a try! I’d love to know your thoughts in the comments below or see a picture on Instagram of the final product. Just tag @theconscientiouseater!
Share this recipe with others too!
Help The World Eat More Plants!
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, from the oat flour to the salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients, from the non dairy milk to the vanilla. If the melted coconut oil solidifies after touching the colder milk or banana, you can microwave the mixture for a couple of seconds.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray your preheated waffle iron with cooking spray if necessary.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- This recipe made 2 large, round waffles for me. It would probably make about 3-4 thinner, square waffles.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit, maple syrup and chocolate chips!
**You can also use cocoa powder