Made with hearty oats and sweetened with natural sweeteners, these Vegan Chocolate Oat Flour Waffles are a healthy way to enjoy chocolate for breakfast!
While I wish I was in China right now, there are some perks to being back at my sister-in-law's house. We get more family time. There's a pool in the backyard. We have access to delicious veggie burgers (we've kinda become addicted over the last few months during our time in America). Oh, and my sister-in-law has a waffle maker.
I actually wasn't expecting to have such success with these Vegan Chocolate Oat Flour Waffles, but after a couple of attempts, they really are perfect. They have everything I hope for in a waffle. Rich chocolatey flavor. Healthy ingredients. Crispy outside. Oat-y inside.
I asked on my Instastories if people would be interested in another waffle recipe. I've never owned a waffle maker and wasn't sure if many people had one in their kitchen. However, much to my surprise, tons of people said they wanted the recipe! I too hope to own my own waffle maker and it's looking like that may happen. Since I usually live in China I have to find one on 240V and I haven't been able to find one in stores or on-line that I like yet. Thankfully, on our way back to China we are considering stopping in Ireland to visit my parents and I'm pretty sure I could find one there since they run on 240V as well. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but how cool would it be to be able to make Saturday morning waffles a tradition in our family or to serve different flavored waffles to our friends at a brunch party.
Until I have my own waffle maker though, I will keep on enjoying my sister-in-law's waffle maker. I really hope that you guys can give these Vegan Chocolate Oat Flour Waffles a try! I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below or see a picture on Instagram of the final product. Just tag @theconscientiouseater!
Share this recipe with others too!
Vegan Chocolate Oat Flour Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, from the oat flour to the salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray your preheated waffle iron with cooking spray if necessary.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- This recipe made 2 large, round waffles for me. It would probably make about 3-4 thinner, square waffles.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit, maple syrup and chocolate chips!