- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cans black beans (or 3 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the onion, jalapeño and garlic until the onion is soft.
- Add in the black beans, vegetable broth, cumin and salt and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- After the beans start to thicken, use a potato masher to mash the beans until about ½ are left whole.
- Continue to let the beans cook until they have thickened then squeeze in the lime juice and stir in the cilantro.
- Pour into a serving bowl, garnish with more cilantro and eat!
Would you rather eat out or eat at home?
Have you ever made homemade almond milk? What do you do with the leftover pulp?