Made with only 5 ingredients–many of which of pantry staples–this simple and delicious vegan Apple Dump Cake will be your go-to recipe whenever you’re in need of a quick dessert.
We all wish we could whip up completely homemade desserts where every element is made from scratch. Yet, oftentimes that’s not realistic.
That’s why I want to share more simple recipes like this vegan Apple Dump Cake.
But the main thing I love about this apple dump cake is that is uses a store-bought cake mix, making it incredibly simple to put together.
If you’re ever in a pinch and need a quick dessert, definitely give this 5 ingredient vegan apple dump cake a shot! Every time I’ve served it to my friends and family, the entire batch is gobbled up in minutes!
Ingredients You’ll Need for Apple Dump Cake
Like the title of this recipe already states, you only need 5 ingredients to make this apple dump cake. What’s even better is that most of the ingredients are pantry staples! Below are listed out the five ingredients you’ll need to make this apple dump cake.
- Green apples (or whatever apples you desire)
- Brown sugar
- 1 box yellow/vanilla cake mix
- Vegan butter
How to Make Apple Dump Cake (with Step-by-Step Instructions)
It couldn’t be easier to make apple dump cake. Simply follow the steps listed out below:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Step 2: If desired, peel your apples. I like to leave the skin on mine! Once peeled, core and chop up the apples into bite-size pieces.
- Step 3: Place the chopped apples into your greased baking dish, sprinkle over the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir everything well to combine. Spread the apples out into an even layer.
- Step 4: Pour out the cake mix into a separate mixing bowl and add in the vegan butter. Use your hands to combine the cake mix and butter until a wet, crumbly mixture forms. See the picture below.
- Step 5: Sprinkle the buttery cake mix mixture over top of the apples.
- Step 6: Bake the apple dump cake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Step 7: Serve warm with vegan coconut caramel sauce or your favorite non-dairy ice cream!
Is Apple Dump Cake Gluten Free?
Apple dump cake can easily be made gluten free! The only ingredient you’ll need to watch out for is the cake mix.
To make a gluten-free apple dump cake, simply make sure you purchase a gluten-free cake mix. The rest of the ingredients are already gluten-free so you can continue with the recipe as written!
Tips for Storing Apple Dump Cake
While I’ll honestly be surprised if you have any leftovers of this cake after serving it, you can definitely save any leftovers for later. I recommend storing it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a few days.
To reheat, simply scoop out the amount you want to enjoy and heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until warmed through.
If you make and enjoy this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment down below or rating the recipe by clicking on the stars in the recipe card. Also be sure to share this recipe with your friends and family!
- 6 green apples, peeled if desired, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 box yellow or vanilla cake mix (around 350 grams)
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter
- Preheat your oven to 350F/175C and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set it aside.
- Peel, if desired, core and chop up the apples into bite size pieces.
- Place the apples into the baking dish and sprinkle over the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine and then spread the apples back out into an even layer.
- In a mixing bowl, cut the vegan butter into the cake mix. I like to do this with my hands until a crumbly mixture forms. Sprinkle this evenly over top of the apples.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with dairy free ice cream if desired!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 31mgSodium 571mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 5gSugar 48gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.