I’ve been a bottomless pit lately.
I eat a meal and a hour or two later I’m wanting to eat again. I love eating so I don’t mind being more hungry than normal, but I’m just curious as to why I can’t seem to be satisfied with my normal portions. I do have some inklings as to what’s causing it though. Brett and I have had a crazy month, both physically and emotionally, and on Monday we finally arrived at Brett’s parent’s house and have had a chance to breathe. I’m guessing my body is just trying to catch up from all the packing, moving, goodbye saying, and traveling we’ve been doing. Brett and I also just got back into regularly working out (which feels amazing!), so I’m sure that plays a roll in my grumbling tummy too.
Guess I’ll just keep listening to my body!
And when it comes to the recipes I post on this blog, I also have to make sure I listen to others! I’m easily pleased when it comes to the taste and texture of food, so I’m constantly questioning whether recipes I create would be as loved by others as they are loved by me. A loooooong while back I made this salsa and served it at a football party Brett and I were hosting at our house. I can’t tell you how many samples I tried of this salsa before our guests arrived, trying to figure out if it was worthy of serving. I still wasn’t sure if it was good by the time people showed up, but I served it anyways. I’m so glad I did, because everyone loved it and gave me tons of compliments! It was all gone by the time people left so I didn’t have any left to photograph for a blog post, but just before we moved out of our apartment in NYC I made another batch. Now finally I’m sharing this Easy Roasted Tomato Blender Salsa with you all and I hope you like it as much as my friends did!
The first time I made this salsa I didn’t roast any of the veggies and it was still amazing. So if you’re in a time crunch, feel free to blend everything up fresh. Either way, this Easy Roasted Tomato Blender Salsa is so simple to make and easily adaptable. If you love a kick to your salsa, add in some more jalapeño. If you love lime, add in another squirt of fresh lime juice. Feel free to adapt this recipe to your preferences. It really is the perfect condiment for summer! Salsa is one of my all time favorite salad dressings and I also love having it on hand for a quick snack for Brett with some tortilla chips.
Scroll down to see the recipe for this 7-ingredient salsa!
- 8 roma tomatos
- ½ large onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded roughly chopped
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat your oven to the broil setting. Cut all of the tomatoes in half and roughly slice the onion. Place the tomatoes cut side up on a baking sheet along with the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Broil the veggies until cooked through and slightly charred, about 15-20 minutes.
- Place the roasted veggies into a blender or food processor and pulse until combined and just slightly chunky, yet fairly smooth. Add in the salt, cilantro and lime and pulse until the cilantro is incorporated.
- Taste and add more salt, cilantro or lime to your preferences.