- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 4 servings of cooked, whole wheat linguini or any kind of noodle you desire
- Chopped veggies of choice (I like zucchini, bell peppers and broccoli)
- Protein of choice (tofu, tempeh, etc.) cut into bite size pieces
- Combine all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a bowl and whisk until fairly smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a skillet over medium heat and whisk often to keep the sauce from sticking or clumping. Let the sauce cook for about 5-10 minutes until it has thickened.
- For the Noodle dish, saute your chopped veggies and protein in a separate skillet while the peanut sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is almost done cooking, add in your veggies, protein and pasta to the peanut sauce. Toss all the ingredients together so that the noodles, veggies and protein can get fully coated with the sauce.
- Add more red pepper flakes if desired and serve warm!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 78Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 330mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 5gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.