I’ve finally caught the holiday baking bug and I’m pumped about all the delicious goodies I’ll be consuming over the next few weeks. As long time readers may know, Brett (my husband) and I are obsessed with energy bites. They’re basically round granola bars chock full of oats, nut butter, sweeteners and add-ins. You can even make raw ones with nuts and dates that are just as delicious.
It’s not only Brett and I who are obsessed with these little nuggets, but our other family members as well. When Brett’s entire family came to visit us in China last Christmas, our little nephew basically lived off energy bites the entire 10 days we were there. Whenever we’re together as a family now, we usually have a tub of them made for easy snacks or sweet treats after meals.
In fact, two weeks ago when we were in Destin, Florida together, Brett’s sister made some vegan energy bites which contained whole, salted peanuts and they were a game changer. The added crunch and texture from the peanuts took them to a new level. She sent me the recipe and with some tweaks I came up with my ideal energy bite. This time however, I decided to call these little guys cookie dough balls instead of energy bites, because they taste just like raw cookie dough from the best cookies ever.
I’m sure I’ll be making a few batches of these over the next few weeks and I’m positive I’ll have a bunch pre-made before my due date so that when baby girl arrives, I’ll have access to easy, delicious snacks in the middle of the night.
While I know these Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookie Dough Balls are no-bake, you can expect to see the recipe for some delicious, baked goodies in the very near future. Until then, enjoy this simple, sweet recipe!
If you end up making these Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookie Dough Balls, leave a comment down below letting me know your thoughts. Even better, snap a photo and tag #theconscientiouseater on Instagram so I can see your creation!
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats*
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole, salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup crushed pretzels*
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, , chocolate chips, peanuts and pretzels.
- Pour in the peanut butter and maple syrup and mix everything together until a uniform, sticky dough forms.
- Place the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes to chill.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and with damp hands, roll the dough into balls, re-wetting hands when necessary.
- Place the balls in a tupperware container and store them in the fridge.
*Use gluten-free oats and pretzels if you are gluten free!