- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 pitted cups dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
For Optional Fudge Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- The dates are best when soaked in warm water for 10 minutes to soften them and then drained.
- In a food processor, process the almonds until fine. Add in the cacao powder and process some more, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add in the cinnamon, chili powder and sea salt and pulse a few times.
- Add in the soften and drained dates and the raisins 1/2 cup at a time, processing each time and scraping down the sides of your food processor bowl often.
- Drizzle in the agave and vanilla. If you need to add in more agave to moisten the mixture you can.
- Press the mixture into a 8x8 baking dish and place it in your fridge while you make the fudge sauce.
- For the Sauce: Heat the almond milk in a small skillet over medium heat. Once warm add in the chocolate chips and stir until all the chips have melted. Add in the chili powder and stir some more.
- Pour the fudge sauce over top of the brownies and spread evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Place the brownies in the fridge to cool and then cut into 16 squares.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
Notes: Recipe adapted from Sweet Sugar Bean.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 175Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 97mgCarbohydrates 19gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 3gSugar 13gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.