Made with creamy baba ganoush and drizzled with rich, tahini dressing, this baba ganoush sandwich with roasted vegetables is an easy way to jazz up your lunch!
The Story Behind This Baba Ganoush Sandwich
Since getting home from Vietnam, I've slowly been trying to recreate some of the dishes we ate on our 3-day-foodie-feast in Hanoi. One of my favorite meals that we ate was an amazing Baba Ganoush Sandwich from a place called Zenith Yoga Cafe II.
Brett and I were literally "Mmm-ing" after every bite we took. It was made with sourdough bread, roasted veggies, baba ganoush and tahini dressing.
It really couldn't be easier to make this delicious and unique sandwich. We ended up buying a loaf of the sourdough bread and hauling it all the way back to China from Vietnam. #worthit.
So for this sandwich I used the same sourdough bread from the cafe, but you can use any kind of bread you prefer. I also made my own Homemade Baba Ganoush using this recipe (which I doubled and omitted the olive oil), but if you have access to store bought baba ganoush I highly recommend saving yourself some time and buying it from the store.
The rest is pretty simple! Just thinly slice your favorite vegetables and roast them in the oven until soft. Then whip up a simple Sweet Tahini Dressing and you're ready to assemble!
How To Make A Baba Ganoush Sandwich
See below for an overview of how to make this baba ganoush sandwich. Detailed instructions are in the recipe card.
Step 1: Toast two slices of bread
Step 2: Add the baba ganoush
Step 3: Top with roasted veges
Step 4: Drizzle tahini on top
Step 5: Slice the sandwich in half (like your mom did!)
Step 6: Enjoy a healthy sandwich!
Please let me know if you enjoy these simple recipes. Also let me know if you give this sandwich a try by leaving a rating and review in the recipe card!
Made with creamy Baba Ganoush and drizzled with rich, tahini dressing, this Roasted Vegetable Turkish Sandwich is an easy way to jazz up your lunch!
- 2 pieces of sliced bread
- Homemade or store-bought Baba Ganoush
- Your favorite vegetables, thinly sliced lengthwise (zucchini, bell pepper, carrot, eggplant, mushrooms, etc.)
Sweet Tahini Dressing:
- Start by preheating your oven to about 400 degrees.
- Then thinly slice your vegetables so that they look like long, thick ribbons. Place them on a silicone or parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with any seasonings you desire.
- Roast the vegetables for about 10 minutes, watching carefully as cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your vegetables.
- Once soft and cooked through, remove the vegetables from the oven.
- While the vegetables are cooking you can prepare the bread and the tahini dressing. Toast your bread, 2 slices per person, and set them aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients except for the water until smooth. Then add water a little at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- To assemble the sandwiches, smear a generous amount of baba ganoush on a slice of bread and then top it with the roasted vegetables. Drizzle over some tahini dressing and then top the veggies with the second slice of bread. Continue this process to make as many sandwiches as you need.
- Serve warm!
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.