Jazz up a plain head of cauliflower by transforming it into these hearty, tasty Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings! Coated in a simple batter and baked until crispy, these cauliflower wings won't last long!
I love cauliflower. And this Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower is incredible!
Cauliflower blender into soup is so creamy. Even this Chocolate Smoothie with Frozen Cauliflower is amazing!
However, not everyone is a fan of cauliflower.
If you have friends or family who could care less for cauliflower, then you need to make these Vegan Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings for them!
Double coated in batter and bread crumbs, baked until crispy and then slathered in a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, these cauliflower wings won't last long!
Let me show you how to make them!
These cauliflower wings get coated in two separate coatings before baked until crispy and coated in a sweet, tangy BBQ sauce.
I'll list out all the ingredients you'll need to make them below:
- 1 head cauliflower
- Corn flour
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Non-dairy milk (unsweetened and unflavored) OR water
- Vegan panko bread crumbs
- BBQ sauce
If I'm going to make cauliflower wings, I like to get a big cauliflower so I can have lots of wings!
Obviously, the smaller the head of cauliflower, the less wings you will end up with.
Also, be sure to use unsweetened and unflavored non-dairy milk. Otherwise you may add an odd sweetness or vanilla flavor to your batter! If you don't have an unsweetened and unflavored milk on hand, just use water.
As for BBQ sauce, make sure you choose one that you love as it will be the main flavor of these wings.
Cauliflower nutrition facts
Cauliflower is a nutritious cruciferous vegetable and is a great source of antioxidants. It's low in calories while being high in nutrients. Just one serving of cauliflower provides you with 10% of your dietary fiber needs!
Basically you can't go wrong with cauliflower!
How to Make Cauliflower Wings
While there are a few steps involved with making cauliflower, none of them are hard.
Here's how to make Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings:
STEP 1: Start by preheating your oven to 450°F / 230°C and lining two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Set them aside.
STEP 2: Cut the cauliflower into large florets. Set aside.
STEP 3: In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients for the dredging batter. Whisk in the non-dairy milk or water until a smooth, yet fairly thick batter forms.
STEP 4: Pour the panko bread crumbs into a separate bowl.
STEP 5: Dip each cauliflower floret into the dredging batter. Tap off any excess on the side before rolling it in the bread crumbs and then placing it on the baking sheet.
STEP 6: Continue this process until all of the florets have been coated.
STEP 7: Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes before flipping each wing over and baking another 10 minutes or until crispy.
STEP 8: Once crispy, either slather each wing with the BBQ sauce or serve them plain with a bowl of BBQ sauce for dipping.
Best sauces for Cauliflower Wings
If you don't have BBQ sauce on hand, don't worry!
There are so many different sauces that work well with baked wings.
You can even enjoy these plain as they are flavorful and crispy!
However, sauce always makes veggies better, so work your way through this list of sauces for cauliflower wings:
- BBQ sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Satay Sauce
- Curry Sauce
Obviously if you go a different route than BBQ for your sauce, you may want to adjust the spices in the dredging batter as well.
What to eat with Vegan Cauliflower Wings
These cauliflower wings go so well with so many main dishes!
We love to eat these vegan wings with:
- Vegan BBQ Veggie Burgers
- Creamy Vegan Coleslaw
- Corn on the Cob
- Whole Wheat Vegan Cornbread
- Kale salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Perfect Baked Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Biscuits
- Cilantro Lemon Quinoa Salad
Basically anything you like to eat at a BBQ would go well with these wings!
These cauliflower wings taste best right out of the oven. They're crispy and hot and taste amazing when dipped in a good sauce!
However, if you have leftovers, don't throw them away! While they won't be crispy the next time you eat them, they'll still be delicious.
To store leftover cauliflower wings, allow them to cool before placing them in an airtight container in the fridge.
To reheat any leftover BBQ Cauliflower wings, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F / 177°C until warm and starting to get crispy again.
You can also reheat them on a skillet with a little oil until crispy on the outside!
Vegan Baked BBQ Cauliflower "Wings"
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -1 ½ cups non-dairy milk unsweetened and unflavored
- 2 cups vegan panko bread crumbs
- 1 ½ cups favorite BBQ sauce
- Start by preheating your oven to 450 °F and lining two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Set them aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into large florets. Set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients for the dredging batter, from the flour to the black pepper. Whisk in the non-dairy milk or water until a smooth, yet fairly thick batter forms. You may not use all 1.5 cups of liquid.
- Pour the panko bread crumbs into a separate bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the dredging batter. Tap off any excess on the side of the bowl before rolling it in the bread crumbs and then placing it on the baking sheet.
- Continue this process until all of the florets have been coated.
- Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes before flipping each wing over and baking another 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Once crispy, either slather each wing with the BBQ sauce or serve them plain with a bowl of BBQ sauce for dipping.
Please Leave A Star Review In The Recipe Card!