Cauliflower florets get coated in a rich olive oil and smokey chipotle powder mixture, then roasted to perfection to create this incredible Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower! You'll want to eat an entire sheet pan worth!
I LOVE cauliflower.
Cauliflower is one of my all-time favorite vegetables.
However, that wasn't always the case!
I had to learn how to cook it well and make it flavorful.
Now I can't get enough of it!
I even sneak cauliflower into sweet treats like this rich and refreshing Chocolate Smoothie with Frozen Cauliflower!
Lately, however, my favorite way to enjoy cauliflower is by making this smokey, spicy and oh-so-incredible Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower!
Let me show you how to make it!
Ingredients for Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower
This roasted cauliflower recipe calls for just a handful of ingredients, many of which are pantry staples that you probably already have on hand.
I'll list out everything you need below:
- Olive oil
- Coriander powder
- Chipotle powder
What is chipotle powder?
As you can see above, chipotle powder is a key ingredients in this Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower recipe.
But, what exactly is chipotle powder?
Chipotle powder is formed with jalapeño peppers are smoked, dried and then ground into a powder.
While chipotle powder is a type of chili powder, it's mildly spicy and has a rich, smokey flavor.
When is cauliflower in season?
Thankfully, you can purchase cauliflower all-year-round.
However, its peak seasons are spring and autumn.
While white is the most popular color of cauliflower, be sure to keep you eyes peeled for purple and yellow varieties!
How to make Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower
This roasted cauliflower recipe is super simple to prepare.
Let me walk you through how to make it with the following step-by-step instructions and photos!
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 400°F / 205°C and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. I personally don't like to use silicone baking mats as they prevent the cauliflower from getting nice and charred...which is just how I like it! Set the baking sheet aside.
STEP 2: Cut your cauliflower into florets and place them on your greased baking sheet.
STEP 3: In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, chipotle powder, coriander powder, minced garlic and salt. Drizzle it over the cauliflower florets and use your hands to rub the spiced oil mixture all over the cauliflower. If possible, place the cut sides of the cauliflower down on the baking sheet so they get nice and crispy.
STEP 4: Roast the cauliflower for 25 minutes, tossing halfway, or until cooked and charred in places.
STEP 5: Serve hot with a drizzle of lemon tahini dressing and sprinkle of fresh parsley!
I could seriously an entire sheet pan of this roasted cauliflower and call it a meal. It's that good!
However, I try to pair it with other foods to create a well balanced meal.
Some ideas for how to use this roasted cauliflower are listed out below:
- Overtop of rice with Crispy Oven Roasted Chickpeas and Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Stirred into Quick Asian Ramen Noodles
- In a wrap with Easy Marinated Tofu and hummus
- In Loaded Vegan Burrito Bowls with Easy Guacamole and Taco Tofu Crumbles
- Wrapped up in a Savory Chickpea Flour Crepe
I could keep going on and on, but soon enough you'll find a way to enjoy this chipotle roasted cauliflower however you can!
I personally love roasted cauliflower best hot out of the oven, but I don't discriminate and will eat it cold out of the fridge as well!
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. (I personally don't like to use silicone baking mats as they prevent the cauliflower from getting nice and charred...which is just how I like it!) Set the baking sheet aside.
- Cut your cauliflower into florets and place them on your greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, chipotle powder, coriander powder, minced garlic and salt. Drizzle it over the cauliflower florets and use your hands to rub the spiced oil mixture all over the cauliflower. If possible, place the cut sides of the cauliflower down on the baking sheet so they get nice and crispy.
- Bake the cauliflower for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until slightly charred and cooked through. Taste one and add more salt for saltiness or chipotle powder for spiciness if desired.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of Lemon Tahini Dressing and a sprinkle of fresh parsley!