Sweet, gooey dates get stuffed with rich cream cheese to make these simple and decadent Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Dates, a truly divine dessert!
Let's talk about the simplest, most delicious dessert ever: Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Dates!
On their own, dates and cream cheese are a wonderful snack any time of the day. But when you put these two together...
...magical things can happen!
This super-simple vegan dessert recipe only calls for 3 ingredients!
- Medjool Dates
- Cream Cheese
Before we dive into the vegan cream cheese stuffed date recipe, let's discuss a few possible substitutions that you can make:
You can use any kind of dates that you want for this recipe, but I highly recommend using Medjool dates for the following reasons:
- they're huge! Medjool dates are huge so they are easy to stuff with vegan cream cheese
- they're soft, sweet and juicy! In my opinion Medjool dates have the best texture and flavor of any kind of date that I've tried
- they're easy to find! I love getting Medjool dates from international grocery stores when I can, but if I have to, I order them online from Amazon
Medjool dates are usually a little more expensive than other kinds of dates, but in my opinion the extra money spent is totally worth it!
Deglet Noor dates are also popular and run a little cheaper.
Store-Bought Cream Cheese
There are so many amazing kinds of vegan cream cheese options now! My current favorite brands are Kite Hill and Miyoko's because of how simple their ingredients are and how their cream cheeses are nut based instead of other brands which use oils and thickeners.
Homemade Cream Cheese
Homemade vegan cream cheese is also another option! You can try this delicious Dairy Free Cinnamon Maple Cream Cheese. It's a sweet cream cheese, so it would be different than using cultured, tangy cream cheese, but it would be just as delicious stuffed inside of a Medjool date!
More vegan dessert recipes made with dates!
If you search through my dessert recipes, you'll find so many other recipes that use dates. Some of these recipes are sweetened entirely with dates making them a super healthy snack option too. Here are a few worth checking out:
- Salted Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- 5 Ingredient Date Sweetened Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Homemade Mint chip Brownie Lara Bar Bites
- Date Sweetened Chocolate Sauce
- Vegan Almond Joy Brownie Bites
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Cherry Mousse
- Homemade Vegan Twix Bars
I'd love to know if you make this fun date-based dessert recipe and what you think! Leave a comment down below, rate the recipe and share it with others!
Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Dates
- 1 Medjool Date
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Cream Cheese*
- 1 pecan half
- Open each medjool date vertically down the middle and remove the pit.
- Stuff about 1 teaspoon of vegan cream cheese inside of the pitted date.
- Press 1 pecan half into the cream cheese.
- Make as many as needed and serve!
You can also make homemade vegan cream cheese like this Dairy Free Cinnamon Maple Cream Cheese for a sweeter version of this recipe!
Please Leave A Star Review In The Recipe Card!