Made with chewy, sweet dates and rich dark chocolate, these salted chocolate covered peanut butter stuffed dates are a quick and easy dessert!
I've been wanting to make these for quite some time and I know for many of you, this concept isn't anything new. But these dates stuffed with peanut butter and covered in salted chocolate (wow, that's a mouthful!) really couldn't be easier to make or more delicious.
The chewy sweet dates act as the base and then you stuff them with creamy, nutty peanut butter, cover them in rich, dark chocolate, and sprinkle a hearty pinch of sea salt on top.
This salted chocolate covered peanut butter stuffed dates recipe has 4 ingredients which I will talk about in more :
Optional: When melting your dark chocolate, you can add coconut oil to make it smoother.
- Dates: You can use any kind of date that you want, but I'm partial to using Medjool dates because they're huge (which makes them easy to stuff) and particularly sweet.
- Dark Chocolate: I love vegan dark chocolate! (We often buy Whittaker's)
- Peanut Butter: As you know, your local grocery store has a plethora options for peanut butter, but I prefer to make my own homemade peanut butters, and they're delicious!
- Sea Salt: What's a "Salted chocolate" without some good sea salt? 🙂
These took me less than 15 minutes to put together and were gone in a day. All my friends gave them a big thumbs up, so I know they're a winner!
More date-based desserts!
If you're a fan of dates like I am, you'll be happy to know that there are plenty of creative ways to use them. In addition to these salted chocolate dates stuffed with peanut butter, here are a few of my favorite date-based dessert recipes:
I really hope you can give these incredibly simple Salted Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates a go. If you end up making them, let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
Salted Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- 8 medjool dates
- 8 teaspoons peanut butter
- 2 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate*
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil optional
- sea salt
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates and spread them apart.
- Stuff each date with about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Using a homemade double boiler (a heat safe bowl over a pot of boiling water), melt the dark chocolate with the 1 teaspoon of coconut oil until smooth.
- Dip half of each peanut butter stuffed date into the chocolate and then sprinkle with sea salt. Place the dates on parchment paper and place them into the fridge to harden.
- Store in a tupperware container in the fridge.
I just made these and LOVED them. I'll be posting a picture on Instagram - definitely easy and a great snack!
I loved seeing your photo on Instagram Maddy. Thanks so much for sharing!
Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl says
YUM. These look so amazing, and now that I am into the Larabar flavors I can eat (approximately three of them, but still) I am way more interested in dates as dessert!
You should definitely try these Alyssa! If you like dates and chocolate (and PB!) then these are right up your alley. And yay that they're gluten free too!
It happened to me too. French was my second language. When I started takng German, I would think of the answer in French. Now I probably know more German than French. I even find myself replying in German in English speaking countries w/o thinking.
Ah it's so crazy! Glad to know it's not just me though and I really hope I can get my Spanish back one day!