These three ingredient Vegan Frozen Yogurt Protein Cups are a fun, refreshing and sweet way to sneak in some extra plant-based protein throughout your day.
We love non-dairy yogurt in our house.
However, non-dairy yogurt can be expensive when you buy it at the store, so when I can, I love to make my own Homemade Non-Dairy Yogurt in a crockpot or in our pressure cooker.
We we do have yogurt on hand, we often make yogurt bowls topped with fruit and homemade granola.
Sometimes I'll even add yogurt to our pancakes, like in these Vegan Whole Wheat Lemon Yogurt Pancakes!
Other times I like to get creative and make simple recipes like these Vegan Frozen Yogurt Protein Cups!
Let me show you how to make them!
Ingredients You'll Need for Frozen Yogurt Protein Cups
These frozen yogurt cups couldn't be easier to make and the recipe is super adaptable depending on your preferences. When I'm in a rush, I like to just use the following three ingredients:
- Unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- Vegan protein powder (I love Women's Best Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder!)
Like I said, this recipe is very adaptable. If you don't like protein powder, you could use some stewed berries instead or just keep these cups plain.
As for the base, granola makes a really quick and easy option, however sometimes the granola falls off the yogurt cups. If you don't want this to happy, you could mix the granola with some nut butter and liquid sweetener to form a sort of cookie dough.
However, another base for these yogurt cups that I love to use are my 5 Ingredient No-Bake Energy Bites! Simply press about ½ of an energy bite into your silicone muffin cup and continue on with the recipe.
How to Make Vegan Frozen Yogurt Protein Cups
Making these frozen yogurt cups couldn't be easier. Below I'll give you step-by-step instructions on how to make them!
- Step 1: Line 12 muffin cups with silicone muffin liners.
- Step 2: Pour a little bit of granola into the base of each muffin cup, crushing up any large pieces with your hand. Alternatively you can use my No-Bake Energy Bite dough and press about 1 tablespoon of dough into the base of each muffin liner.
- Step 3: In a mixing bowl, combine the non-dairy yogurt and protein powder until smooth.
- Step 4: Divide the yogurt "mousse" evenly among the muffin cups, pressing it down slightly so that the granola sticks to the yogurt.
- Step 5: Place the cups into the freezer until set.
This recipe is very adaptable. Taste the mousse after you've made it and see if you like the consistency. You can always add more yogurt or more protein powder as desired!
- 1 ½ cups granola*
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy, unsweetened yogurt
- ½ cup protein powder, or to taste
- Line 12 muffin cups with silicone muffin liners.
- Pour a little bit of granola into the base of each muffin cup, crushing up any large pieces with your hand. Alternatively you can use my No-Bake Energy Bite dough and press about 1 tablespoon of dough into the base of each muffin liner.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the non-dairy yogurt and protein powder until smooth.
- Divide the yogurt “mousse” evenly among the muffin cups, pressing it down slightly so that the granola sticks to the yogurt.
- Place the cups into the freezer until set...although I also love the yogurt mousse at room temperature!
- Store the yogurt cups in a freezer safe zip-lock bag until ready to enjoy. Allow them to thaw for a little bit before eating.
*I also love to use my No-Bake Energy Bite dough as the base for these yogurt cups.
Feel free to adjust the yogurt to protein powder ratio until you find what you enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 101Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 2mgSodium 24mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 6g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.