When you want a flavorful, well-balanced meal without much work, whip up this 8 ingredient Vegan Sausage Pesto Pasta with Broccoli recipe. It's easy to make and and family-friendly!
No joke, we've been enjoying this vegan sausage pesto pasta recipe once a week for the past month.
But this pesto pasta with sausage and broccoli has quickly become our favorite.
- It's packed with flavor;
- It's well balanced with whole grains, veggies and protein;
- The whole family loves it;
- ...AND it's super easy to prepare!
Let me show you how to make it!
Ingredients for Vegan Sausage Pesto Pasta
This recipe requires only 8 ingredients, none of which are weird or hard to find.
I love to use my homemade Classic Vegan Pesto, but you can also purchase a vegan pesto from the store to make this recipe that much easier.
I'll list out everything you'll need to whip up this simple recipe below.
- Olive oil (or veggie broth)
- Vegan sausage links
- Vegetable broth
- Vegan Pesto
- Salt and pepper
The Best Vegan Sausage Links
When it comes to which sausage links to choose for this recipe, there are so many different vegan options available now it can be hard to choose.
Some of my personal favorite brands are:
I also love to use the Italian flavored sausages for this recipe when possible.
Pro Tip: I've found that the Field Roast vegan sausages and Tofurky sausages are smaller than the Beyond Meat sausage links, so you may not need 4 links if you choose to use Beyond Meat vegan sausages.
How to Make Vegan Sausage Pesto Pasta
I love this recipe because, other than cooking the pasta, it's a one-pot dish that contains a protein, carb, fat and veggie.
Using the recipe below, you'll see that we're cooking the pasta like you're used to, browning the vegan sausage separately, and then adding the broccoli, broth other ingredients to steam and saute.
Once you've completed the recipe by stirring in the pesto, make sure you taste and add salt/pepper as needed.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Pesto Pasta
This vegan pesto pasta stores and reheats beautifully.
- To store any leftovers, simply place them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- To reheat the leftovers, I love to place a serving into a microwave safe bowl and add a splash of vegetable broth. Stir the pasta to coat it in the broth and microwave the pasta until hot. YUM!
Vegan Sausage Pesto Pasta with Broccoli
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- In a separate sauce pan, heat a little bit of olive oil or vegetable broth over medium heat. Add in your vegan sausage links and allow them to brown, breaking them up with a wooden spoon or potato masher.
- Once the sausage has browned add in the garlic and sauté everything for another minute or so.
- Add in the vegetable broth, broccoli florets and salt to taste. Bring the broth to a simmer and cover the pot. Allow the broccoli to steam/sauté until cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes. If the vegetable broth evaporates, you can always add another splash if needed.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it and add it to the pot with the sausage and broccoli.
- Stir in the pesto, taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!