Full of warming spices and anti-inflammatory properties, this easy Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding is a delicious vegan breakfast or snack!
If you've never tried chia seed pudding OR golden milk, then you're in for a real treat because today we're combining them in this vibrant and flavorful Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding Recipe!
This chia seed pudding recipe is full of warming, healing spices such as turmeric, cinnamon, ground ginger and black pepper.
Coconut milk adds tons of flavor and creaminess.
And of course, once soaked, chia seeds turn into mini tapioca-like pearls that have the coolest texture.
Before I share this golden milk chia seed pudding recipe, let's talk more about turmeric and golden milk.
What is Turmeric?
I've been using turmeric powder for years now, but usually I use it in savory Indian curry recipes.
Turmeric (like this tumeric powder I recommend) is a beautiful, rich, yellow Indian spice that has it's own unique flavor.
Turmeric contains lots of inflammatory properties, especially when paired with black pepper.
Homemade Golden Milk Spice Mix Recipe
As you can guess, the star of golden milk is turmeric!
The turmeric powder is what gives off that lovely golden color.
In this recipe, we'll essentially be making a single portion of golden milk and soaking chia seeds in that milk.
However, you can also make a larger batch of golden milk spice mix to have on hand whenever you want to make this chia seed pudding, a golden milk latte or my golden milk overnight oats!
To make a larger batch of golden milk spice mix, combine the following ingredients in a jar:
- ¼ cup turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
Now you can add this spice mix to whatever you want, including lattes, oatmeal, smoothies and even chia seed pudding!
Simply dissolve 1 heaped teaspoon of the mix into 1 tablespoon of hot water. Add 1 cup of non-dairy milk and 2-3 teaspoons of liquid sweetener and you've got a delicious golden milk beverage!
Ingredients You Need for Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding
To make this simple golden milk chia seed pudding, you'll need the following ingredients.
- Chia seeds
- Ground turmeric
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- pinch black pepper
- Non-dairy milk, preferably coconut milk
- 2-4 teaspoons liquid sweetener (such as maple syrup, agave, or honey if not vegan)
If you cook and bake a lot, I'm sure you already have most of these ingredients on hand!
How to Make Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding
This recipe is so easy to make, just like any chia seed pudding recipe!
The hardest part is waiting and allowing the chia seeds to soak overnight so that they can soften and expand.
To make this chia seed pudding simply,
- Mix together the chia seeds and spices in a jar.
- Add the non-dairy milk and sweetener to the jar with the chia seeds and stir everything well to combine. Set the jar aside for 5 minutes, then stir again. After 5 more minutes stir one more time before placing a lid on the jar and storing it overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, stir the pudding one last time. If it's too thick, add a splash on non-dairy milk to loosen it up.
- Pour the chia seed pudding into a bowl and add your desired toppings!
More Vegan Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Today I'm sharing a quick and easy Golden Milk Tumeric Chia Seed Pudding Recipe that you can make in advance for a quick and delicious breakfast on the go.
However, I've already shared a number of different vegan chia seed pudding recipes here before.
Some of my favorites are:
This tumeric chia seed pudding recipe is more unique, but just as delicious!
I would love to know if you guys try out this Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding Recipe.
Please leave a comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe!
Let me know your thoughts and what other ways you like to use turmeric, whether in sweet or savory recipes. If you end up making this recipe, make sure to take a photo of the final produce, share it on Instagram and tag @theconscientiouseater so I can see!
Golden Milk Tumeric Chia Seed Pudding
- fresh fruit, nuts, granola, cinnamon, dried fruit
- In a jar, mix together the chia seeds and spices.
- In the morning, stir the pudding one last time.
- Add more sweetener if needed and top with whatever you desire!