Full of warming spices and anti-inflammatory properties, this easy Golden Milk Tumeric Chia Seed Pudding is a delicious vegan breakfast or snack!
I’ve been using turmeric powder for years now, but most in savory Indian curry recipes. Turmeric (like this tumeric powder I recommend) is a beautiful, rich, yellow Indian spice that has it’s own unique flavor.
It’s a fairly potent spice, though, so it’s often used in such small amounts that you can’t taste, but you can definitely see. It gives food a beautiful golden color.
Pairing Tuermic with Chia Seeds
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy Golden Milk Tumeric Chia Seed Pudding Recipe that you can make in advance for a quick and delicious breakfast on the go.
This tumeric chia seed pudding recipe is more unique, but just as delicious.
Tumeric Chia Seed Pudding
If you aren’t used to turmeric, start out with just 1/8 teaspoon or so and add as much sweetener as tastes good.
If you’ve been eating and enjoying turmeric for a while, feel free to use more turmeric, possibly up to 1/2 of a teaspoon.
Taste and adjust the recipe as you go. This is your tumeric chia seed pudding after all!
I would love to know if you guys try out this Tumeric Chia Seed Pudding Recipe.
Please leave a comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe!
Let me know your thoughts and what other ways you like to use turmeric, whether in sweet or savory recipes. If you end up making this recipe, make sure to take a photo of the final produce, share it on Instagram and tag @theconscientiouseater so I can see!
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/8 - 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch black pepper
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2-4 teaspoons liquid sweetener (such as maple syrup, agave, or honey if not vegan)
- fresh fruit, nuts, granola, cinnamon, dried fruit
- In a jar, mix together the chia seeds and spices.
- Add the non-dairy milk and sweetener to the jar with the chia seeds and stir everything well to combine. Set the jar aside for 5 minutes, then stir again. After 5 more minutes stir one more time before placing a lid on the jar and storing it overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, stir the pudding one last time.
- Add more sweetener if needed and top with whatever you desire!
*If you're not used to turmeric, start with 1/8 of a teaspoon. If you are used to turmeric and enjoy the taste you can add more!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 95Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 10mgSodium 58mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 5g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.