I’ve been using turmeric powder for years now, but most in savory Indian curry recipes. Turmeric is this beautiful, rich, yellow Indian spice that has it’s own unique flavor. It’s a fairly potent spice in my opinion, but it’s often used in such small amounts in curries that you can’t really taste it, yet it gives food a beautiful golden color. In sweeter dishes, like Golden Milk Lattes or Golden Milk Overnight Oats, it’s often paired with cinnamon, ground ginger and a pinch of black pepper.
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding Recipe that you can make in advance for a quick and delicious breakfast on the go. I’ve shared quite a couple different chia seed pudding recipes on my blog, including Carrot Cake Chia Seed Pudding and my favorite 4 Ingredient Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding. This Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding is more unique, but just as delicious. If you aren’t used to turmeric, start out with just 1/8 teaspoon or so and add as much sweetener as tastes good. If you’ve been eating and enjoying turmeric for a while, feel free to use more turmeric, possibly up to 1/2 of a teaspoon. Taste and adjust as you go!
I would love to know if you guys try out this Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding Recipe. Please leave a comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe! Let me know your thoughts and what other ways you like to use turmeric, whether in sweet or savory recipes. If you end up making this recipe, make sure to take a photo of the final produce, share it on Instagram and tag @theconscientiouseater so I can see!
Make sure to share this recipe with others who you think would enjoy it!
Help The World Eat More Plants!
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅛ - ½ teaspoon ground turmeric*
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch black pepper
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2-4 teaspoons liquid sweetener (such as maple syrup, agave, or honey if not vegan)
- Optional toppings: fresh fruit, nuts, granola, cinnamon, dried fruit, etc.
- In a jar, mix together the chia seeds and spices.
- Add the non-dairy milk and sweetener to the jar with the chia seeds and stir everything well to combine. Set the jar aside for 5 minutes, then stir again. After 5 more minutes stir one more time before placing a lid on the jar and storing it overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, stir the pudding one last time.
- Add more sweetener if needed and top with whatever you desire!