I have a lot of random thoughts swirling around in my head, none of which have to do with these Homemade Vegan Snickers Cups. I don't think there's any way to make them all flow together in a concise, understandable post, so today you're going to get a list of "currently's" and therefore, a random glimpse into my life. Leave me some of your "currently's" in the comments!
...I am looking around my house and thinking through things I can sell or give to friends. Our move to China is coming soooo quickly!
...the thought of oatmeal for breakfast isn't appealing and I'm eating banana ice cream every morning for breakfast. Yes, I know it's winter.
...I'm excitedly awaiting the arrival of my new niece. Just 1 month away!
...my stomach is feeling not so great after all the Indian food I ate last night while out with friends. It tastes good in the moment, but the richness of the curries never seems to sit well with me.
...I'm studying Isaiah and it's rocking my world.
...I'm not satisfied in my food photography. I would love to get some fun props/backdrops, but our move to China is putting that on hold. So for now, you'll continue to see my cutting board and glass coffee table!
...I'm sleeping on the couch because Brett and I have trouble sleeping in the same bed. I hate it, but I just. need. sleep!
...I'm so thankful to be living in NYC! There is always something to do and I love the diversity of Queens.
...I'm still pinching myself that I get to travel around Europe this summer. I cannot wait to be back on an airplane.
...I'm trying to finish 4 weeks worth of class homework in 1 week. I love a good challenge...and not having homework!
...Brett and I are counting down the days until Brett's sister and her husband get here to visit. We'll have three whole days together...without any kids...in NYC...oh yeah. We may even have some adult conversations!
...I'm trying to build a capsule wardrobe. I'm so ready to only own clothes that I love and fit well instead of having a closet full of so-sos from high school that never get warn.
...I'm trying to keep myself from eating more than one of these Homemade Vegan Snickers Cups a day! They're sweet and salty, super rich and have a gooey, date and peanut butter filling that takes my 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups to the next level. Plus, these cups are void of all those chemicals you'll find in store-bought snickers bars!
Okay, so maybe eating only two a day is my new goal.
Homemade Vegan Snickers Cups
- 1 cup cocoa butter chunks
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon peanuts finely chopped*
- Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Using a double boiler** melt cocoa butter over a low heat setting until completely melted through. Once the cocoa butter is completely melted, whisk in the cocoa powder, maple syrup and sea salt until combined and smooth.
- Pour about 2 teaspoons worth of chocolate into each cupcake liner, whisking between each scoop, and then place the muffin pan in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processor, process the ¼ cup peanut butter, pitted dates, vanilla, and water together to form a thick, sticky dough.
- When the chocolate has hardened, remove the pan from the freezer and drop 1 teaspoons of peanut butter/date filling in the middle of each chocolate. Press the filling down with your finger so that it covers a good amount of the chocolate and doesn't pop up too high.
- Give the chocolate a good whisk before spooning more chocolate over the top of the filling, just enough so that the filling is fully covered. Sprinkle each cup with the chopped peanuts.
- Freeze until hard.
- You should have extra chocolate and filling, so continue this process until either your chocolate or filling runs out. If you have extra chocolate left, simple pour the chocolate into liners by itself for plain chocolate cups.
- Store in the freezer or fridge.
Faith VanderMolen says
An old recipe but a good one!
Liv @ Healthy Liv says
I'm not a big fan of regular candy, but I'm all over homemade versions, especially if they're healthy and still taste great! I think I'd want to eat at least 2 of these per day 🙂
Agreed Liv! Homemade is way better...and 2 is better than 1;)
Leigha @ The Yooper Girl says
Girl, these sound awesome!! I still haven't tried making my own chocolates. I need to get some cocoa butter! Also, I love how you wrote the "currently" things.. I've never heard of the capsule wardrobe but it looks so interesting! I'd love to have that but I would have to get rid of a lot of clothes, lol! Happy Friday! Hope you have a wonderful weekend 🙂
Thanks Leigha! It's so easy to make so you should try it when you get a chance! Glad you liked my random post:) Yeah, I hadn't heard of a capsule wardrobe either (I knew of the concept, but didn't know it was a "thing"). I feel ya on getting rid of clothes...it can be hard!
tina muir says
Snickers CUPS!!! Maaaannn that sounds good! You are just a whizz with these recipes! I LOVE it! I can't wait to see what you bring to meatless monday again. Until then, I am gonna daydream about this.By the way, I really think I wanna try and make my own almond milk, and I think you are gonna need to be the one to help me 🙂
Thanks Tina!! And glad you reminded me about MM! I'll need to cook something savory this weekend:) I'd love to help you make almond milk...it's super easy! I wrote an OLD post a year or so ago so if you search "Homemade Almond Milk" on my blog you can see how I do it. But I'd be glad to help any other way too. Just let me know!