Filled with warming spices and rich chocolate chips, these spicy and sweet Vegan Chocolate Chip Gingersnap Cookies are sure to please!
I don't know why or when I came across a chocolate gingersnap cookie recipe, but it made me want to create a similar recipe. Instead of chocolate gingersnap cookies though, I decided to keep the base of the cookies basic ginger and just add in some mini chocolate chips.
You guys, these fluffy, little guys are delicious! They're full of rich spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and, of course, ginger, and sweetened with a mixture of coconut sugar and molasses. Then, with chocolate chips mixed in, these are a sure winner! Make some vegan sugar cookies to serve alongside these gingersnaps and you'll have quite the festive dessert spread!
I hope you can give these fun, delicious cookies a try! If you do, leave a comment letting me know your thoughts or take a picture and tag #theconscientiouseater on Instagram!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Gingersnap Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a baking tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, ground ginger, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Peel the fresh ginger and grate it into small bowl
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Once melted stir in the grated ginger and molasses until combined.
- Pour the oil and molasses into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Add water to the dough if necessary, 1 tablespoon at a time, to get all the flour to incorporate into the dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Working quickly, roll pieces of dough into a ball. Place dough balls on your prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the base looks slightly brown.
**Instead of coconut sugar you can also use organic cane sugar.