Enjoy a delicious dairy free and egg free version of your favorite childhood treat with these Vegan Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies! With a sugar-coated peanut butter cookie base and a dark chocolate center, these cookies will be gobbled up in no time!
When it comes to Christmas desserts, I always think of cookies.
I've got a lot of cookie recipes on the blog, all of which are amazing.
In addition to candy cane cookies, my Mom would always make Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies for us to enjoy after cutting down our Christmas tree.
And while we currently live in a tropical country, I really hope I can pass on the same tradition to my children, even if we are sweating while setting up our fake Christmas tree.
What are Peanut Butter Blossoms?
If you've never heard of blossom cookies, then you're in for a real treat!
They start with a base of sugar-coated peanut butter cookie. Then, right after they are removed from the oven a Hershey's kiss is pressed into the middle. The kiss melts slightly, but then hardens again once cooled for a delicious, melt-in-your mouth chocolate center.
My Mom often made a chocolate cookie-base variation that is delicious as well!
Are Hershey's Kisses Vegan?
As many of you could probably guess, Hershey's Kisses are not vegan as they contain dairy. So to make these peanut butter blossom cookies vegan, I simply use a square of dairy-free chocolate instead of the Hershey's Kisses.
If you end up making these cookies, please leave a comment down below letting me know your thoughts. Even better, share a picture of the finished product on Instagram (tagging #theconscientiouseater) so I can see your creation!
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- extra granulated sugar
- 15 squares of dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking sheet. Set aside the baking sheet aside.
- Break a dairy-free chocolate bar into squares and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, slowly heat the vegan butter until mostly melted.
- Remove the butter from the heat and stir in the sugar, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla until a smooth mixture forms.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1 ½ inch balls and roll the balls in extra sugar.
- Place the balls on your prepared baking pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and quickly press one square of chocolate into the center of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cook for a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 224Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 17mgSodium 221mgCarbohydrates 25gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 15gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.