Sweetened with maple syrup and flavored with natural peanut butter, theses gluten free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies wont last long!
I can’t tell you how grateful I was when I successful made these amazing Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Before I created this simple recipe, I had tried THREE different times to make a tahini chocolate chip cookie recipe and all three were fails. Well, not complete fails as Brett has slowly been working his way through those rejects, but they definitely weren’t blog worthy. Apparently, tahini doesn’t bake the same way that other nut butters do and all my attempts at tahini chocolate chip cookies turned out goopy, yet hard…I can’t even describe the weird texture that they were.
Anyways, THESE cookies are a complete success are may be one of my new favorite cookie recipes because they require minimal ingredients, are made entirely with oats and oat flour and are sweetened with maple syrup! Basically you can eat these for breakfast. And while I’m definitely on a tahini kick, peanut butter never gets old.
Can I also so that I’m so incredibly grateful for the friends we have in our little city. If we didn’t have any friends here, Brett and I wouldn’t know how to eat through all the different recipes and recipe fails that I create every week. Cooking and baking for others is my love language, so I brought these PB oatmeal cookies to a friends house for an afternoon treat. They were gobbled up and given a thumbs up of approval by my friends, so I left happy and satisfied.
If you love the combination of oatmeal and peanut butter as much as I do, I’ll list some more recipes down below for you to check out!
Vegan Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Recipes:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan + GF)
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats*
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water until combined. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the natural peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and thickened flax egg until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until a uniform dough forms.
- Fold in the non-dairy chocolate chips.
- Using about 2 tablespoon amounts, drop the cookie dough onto your lined baking sheet. Use your hands to press any loose cookie dough back onto the cookies if necessary.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool before enjoying!
*Be sure to use certified gluten free oats and oat flour to make these cookies completely gluten free!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 28gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.