Made with a variety of nuts, seeds and dried fruit, this is easily The Best Homemade Granola Recipe you'll ever make!
Also Featured In
This recipe is also featured in the following vegan recipe roundups:
I am so excited to share the best homemade granola recipe with you guys today. I cannot tell you how many times over the past month I have snuck into my sister-in-laws pantry to grab a handful of this granola. It is definitely the best granola I've ever eaten and I'm so pumped that the recipe isn't a family secret and that my sister-in-law willingly shared it with me and that I can in turn share it with you guys as well.
If you guys enjoy snacking on things such as roasted cashews or homemade granola bars, you're definitely going to love this recipe!
This granola really is like crack. It is definitely going to become a staple in our apartment in China...along with our other favorite granola recipe. I'm so looking forward to serving it to our friends in China or serving it for breakfast whenever we have visitors stay overnight or host a brunch.
The coconut oil adds so much sweetness and the variety of nuts and seeds--including pecans, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds--alongside dried fruit provides the best texture. My sister-in-law swears by using extra thick rolled oats and I have to agree. Using quick oats or super thin oats would change the texture completely. This recipe is also super easy to double and lasts forever in an airtight container.
I was actually surprised to find that a lot of my Chinese friends love granola just as much as my foreign friends. Before we came to America to have Harper, I had a couple close friends come over to my house to learn how to make our favorite basic vegan granola recipe. It was so fun to show them how easy granola is to make and to send them home with a huge bag of freshly baked, sweet granola. Now I can't wait to introduce them to this amazing homeamde granola recipe!
This granola would make for an amazing gift as well. If you packaged it in a large mason jar with a pretty ribbon tied around the lid, you'd be everyone's favorite friend.
I'd love to know if you give this recipe a try and what you think! Leave a comment down below letting me know your thoughts or take a picture and tag @theconscientiouseater on Instagram so I can see your creation!
The Best Homemade Granola Recipe
- ¼ cup liquid sweetener maple syrup, honey if not vegan
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups extra thick rolled oats
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the sweetener and coconut oil and microwave for 90 seconds. Let the liquids cool then mix in the cinnamon and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients, from the rolled oats to the sunflower seeds.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread the oat mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan, stir the granola, spread it flat again and then bake it for another 10 minutes.
- Removed the granola from the oven and allow it to cool completely without stirring. Once cool, place the granola in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store in a dry, cool place.
Looks delicious! I want to make it, but from the picture it looks like there may be craisins or another dried fruit other than golden raisins. Is something missing from the recipe?
Hi Jane! Some of the golden raisins must have had a darker tint or got darker in the oven. The pecans also are on the darker side. I used golden raisins, but if you only have regular raisins that would work too. Hope that helps Jane! Let me know if you give it a try and what you think!
I made it tonight! it was delicious. I plan on giving some to my mother-in-law for Mother's Day!
SO glad you enjoyed it Jane! And that's a great idea to make it as a gift for Mother's Day. Thanks so much for sharing!