If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know that I’ve been on a major pancake kick. Ever since I discovered my favorite ratio of ingredients to make pancake batter in my blender, I’ve been enjoying these 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Blender Pancakes (a.k.a. doughy coins of goodness) almost every other day. Plus, when they only involve two ingredients other than water, they couldn’t be easier to prepare.
The thing I love most about these 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Blender Pancakes is that I can easily add in a couple more ingredients to make them different flavors. Add in some cacao or cocoa powder for chocolate pancakes, peanut flour for peanut butter pancakes, or Homemade Pumpkin Puree and cinnamon for festive fall pancakes. You could also add in some baking powder and a pinch of salt to make them puff up a little more.
Another thing I love about pancakes is getting to experiment with different toppings. Homemade “Peanut Butter Syrup” made from peanut flour, water, and touch of sweetener is one of my go-to pancake condiments. My 2 Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Spread (recipe below!) and fresh fruit is also another winner. Get creative and jazz up this simple recipe to create your favorite pancakes!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ¾ cup water (or non-dairy milk)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. You want to make sure the pan is heated before you pour the pancake batter on, otherwise they may stick.
- Combine all of the ingredients, along with any other optional ingredients listed in the notes, into a blender and blend until just combined and fairly smooth.
- Pour the batter onto your warmed skillet, creating whatever sized pancake rounds that you desire. When bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over and allow them to cook through. Adjust the heat of your stove as necessary.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and top with your favorite pancake toppings. Enjoy!
Optional Toppings: pure maple syrup, nut butter, granola, cacao nibs, dried or fresh fruit, Chocolate Pumpkin Spread, Homemade Caramelized Buckwheat Groats, etc.
- ½ cup Homemade Pumpkin Puree*
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- optional: sweetener to taste
- In a bowl mix together the Homemade Pumpkin Puree and cacao powder until smooth.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.