Can someone please tell me why I have never created my own version of sweet potato brownies before?! Sweet potatoes and chocolate are my two favorite foods groups, so you would think I would have combined them by now into one amazing dessert recipe. After I shared my beloved Vegan Tahini Brownie recipe, brownies have quickly jumped to first place on my list of favorite desserts and I almost always have a batch waiting to be devoured on the counter. I’ve been wanting to try out another recipes and finally got around to making these sweet potato brownies last week. Since then, I’ve been enjoying one every afternoon with a cup of tea while Harper naps. It’s a daily ritual that I hope stays around for a very long time!
In other news, Brett and I are going away on a two night date to Galway tomorrow. My parents graciously offered to watch Harper AND pay for a rental car AND pay for our hotel.What the?! I’ve known a short getaway might be possible during our time in Ireland, so I’ve been freezing milk since we arrived so that we could get some time away. While I’m honestly already sad about being away from Harper for so long, I know some time away will be just what Brett and I need. It will be nice to read without being interrupted, enjoy my meals without having to feed someone else and explore Galway without a little human strapped to my body. I’m sure I’ll share some highlights of our time away once we get back!
But back to these brownies. One thing I love about this recipe is, excluding the chocolate chips, these brownies are sweetened with just sweet potato and maple syrup. They’re rich and fudgy and perfect for any of your dark chocolate lovers out there. They are also super simple to whip up as they only require one bowl.
I’d love to know if you give these fudgy sweet potato brownies a try and what you think! Please leave a comment down below, rate the recipe and be sure to share it with your other sweet potato, chocolate loving friends!
Help The World Eat More Plants!
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips (~50 grams)
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the sweet potato, maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Next mix in the cocoa powder, coconut flour and sea salt until a uniform batter form.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and press down the batter until level.
- Bake the brownies for 25-28 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the loaf pan before using the parchment paper to carefully remove the brownies from the pan and cut them into squares.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to a few days.