Use whole grain pita bread to quickly whip up these delicious Homemade Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips for a fun, sweet snack!
Homemade Pita Chips and Cookie Dough
Some things are so easy to make at home, but I've never thought to actually try making them. Pita chips are one of those things. I've always had a weakness for pita chips. Stacey's Pita Chips to be precise. They're so thick, salty and crunchy and once I have one it's hard for me to stop. Especially when a good dip is involved.
A couple days ago I shared with you all my Chickpea and Date Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe. Gosh, that stuff is good!
But, I've discovered that using these Homemade Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips for dipping is even better!
My Experience with Trader Joe's Pita Pockets
I probably wouldn't have thought to make these pita chips if the pita pockets that I bought from Trader Joe's didn't rip so easily.
Don't get me wrong. I love Trader Joe's! (See recipes below).
I love that Trader Joe's sells bread products that don't have tons of ingredients in them. Unfortunately, those products don't hold together very well, especially whole wheat pita pockets.
Brett and I tried to make sandwiches using some mini pita pockets I bought from TJ's, but the edges tore even before we finished making our sandwiches and everything spilled out the sides. It was still a delicious meal, but messy.
Instead of having more messy sandwiches I decided to turn them into Pita Chips.
Guys, the combination of my Chickpea Date Cookie Dough and these sweet pita chips is amazing! I brought this combo to my friends house the other night and it was eaten in a flash! That's how I know something I made is good: I leave with an empty plate.
Why Coconut Oil is the Best
For these Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips, I brushed coconut oil on the sliced pita wedges before sprinkling a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the top. Coconut oil is perfect for sweet chips. It's so flavorful and subtly sweet on its own.
The combination of coconut oil and the cinnamon sugar mix makes pita chips that are...
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
Making your own homemade cinnamon sugar pita chips couldn't be easier! It takes just 4 steps...
- Cut your pita bread into slices.
- Brush on coconut oil.
- Sprinkle on your cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375°F!
More Homemade Pita Chip Flavors
Homemade pita chips are so versatile as well. You can make ones that are savory, cheesy, sweet or spicy. Discover more pita chip flavors that you can make at home!
Homemade Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.*
- Cut each pita pocket into 6 sections. You can stack them and cut multiple pockets at once.
- Lay the wedges out flat on a baking sheet and brush the tops with melted coconut oil. Sprinkle each wedge with the sugar and cinnamon mixture soon after brushing with coconut oil. This makes sure the cinnamon and sugar sticks to the pita chips. Bake the chips in the oven for about 10 minutes until golden and crispy. They will harden a little more even after you remove them from the oven.
Don't forget, I highly recommend trying these pita chips with my Chickpea Date Cookie Dough Dip!