These loaded Vegan Burrito Bowls make an appearance every week in our house. Filled to the brim with fluffy white rice, hearty refried beans, salty taco tofu crumbles, creamy homemade guac and colorful veggies, what's not to love?!
Also Featured In
This recipe is also featured in the following vegan recipe roundups:
Who doesn't love a good burrito bowl?
I make vegan burrito bowls at least one time a week for my family, because everyone loves them and they are a flavorful, well-balanced meal!
Burrito bowls are super versatile too, which makes them great for kids.
Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce, Easy Homemade Guac, Baked Tortilla Chips...the possibilities are endless!
You can place all the toppings and garnishes in the middle of the table and allow everyone to assemble their own burrito bowl too if you want!
If you've never made your own burrito bowls at home, now is the time!
Let me show you how to make them.
Ingredients for Vegan Burrito Bowls
Like I mentioned above, burrito bowls are super versatile.
You can include as many toppings as you want or switch up the toppings every week to keep things exciting.
I'll list out all of our favorite vegan burrito bowl ingredients below for some inspiration!
- Steamed white or brown rice
- Vegan Taco Tofu Crumbles
- Refried beans (store-bought or homemade)
- Cheesy Vegan Black Bean Dip
- Sautéed peppers and onions
- Homemade Guacamole
- Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Vegan Cashew Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips (Oil-Free Baked Tortilla Chips or store-bought)
How to Make a Vegan Burrito Bowl
It's fairly easy to make burrito bowls completely vegan.
You'll just need to swap out some of the meat and dairy for plant-based alternatives, which I've already listed out for you above!
Now, before you start creating your burrito bowl, you'll need to think through which components you'll want to make.
Once you have all your ingredients and toppings figured out, you can start assembling!
To make a vegan burrito bowl:
- Start by placing white or brown rice in a bowl.
- Add on your protein (or two!) of choice (think Vegan Taco Tofu Crumbles, Cheesy Vegan Black Bean Dip, refried beans, etc.)
- Add on your sautéed peppers and onions
- Dollop and drizzle on your favorite toppings (Super Simple Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce, Easy Homemade Guacamole, Vegan Sour Cream, salsa, etc.)
- Lastly sprinkle on some garnishes, such as cilantro, red pepper flakes, etc.
- Serve with tortilla chips and more guac and salsa on the side!
Vegan Burrito Bowls
- 2 cups white rice*
- 4 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- 4 bell peppers sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- Vegan Taco Tofu Crumbles
- 2 cans refried beans
- Super Simple Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips Oil-Free Baked Tortilla Chips or store-bought
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
- Place two blocks of tofu in your tofu press and allow them to press for about 15 minutes while you start working on the other ingredients.
- Slice your pepper and onions and place them on one of the lined baking sheets. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare the marinade for the vegan taco tofu crumbles in a large mixing bowl. Once your tofu has pressed, crumble the tofu into the marinade and stir well to coat all the tofu in the sauce. Pour the tofu crumbles onto your 2nd lined baking sheet and spread them out into an even layer.
- Place the tofu crumbles and veggies into your preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring half way through the cooking time.
- While the veggies and tofu are baking, prepare the rice and other ingredients. Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Add in 2 cups of white rice, stir and cover. Bring the mixture back to a boil before reducing the heat to a simmer. Allow the rice to cook for 15 minutes before removing the rice from the heat and allowing it to sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Pour the canned refried beans into a saucepan and add a little water to them to thin them out. Turn the heat to medium low and warm the beans until heated through. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Once your rice is cooked, the tofu and veggies are done and your other toppings are prepared, assemble your vegan burrito bowls and enjoy them while they're hot!
Please Leave A Star Review In The Recipe Card!