This Healthy Chocolate Baked Oatmeal is my latest obsession. I’ve been having it multiple times a week for breakfast and every time it hits…the…spot.
Plus, who doesn’t like eating cake for breakfast. Every time I eat this Healthy Chocolate Baked Oatmeal I feel like I’m eating cake. I love to make a healthy Pumpkin Mousse or a Peanut Butter Sauce and then stack the two halves on top of each other so that it looks like a layered cake. YESSSSS.
This Healthy Chocolate Baked Oatmeal makes a perfect, special breakfast for two or a hearty breakfast for one. I’m currently on a two-large-meals-a-day-kick AND I’m training for a half marathon, so I can easily devour this entire recipe in one sitting.
I’m going to let this recipe speak for itself today. I really hope you give this simple, delicious, and Healthy Chocolate Baked Oatmeal a try! Please let me know if you do and what you think!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon cacao
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- (optional) 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- Optional add-ins: mini chocolate chips, cacao nibs, raisins, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease two small ramekins.
- In a bowl, mix together everything from the mashed banana to the salt until fairly smooth.
- Add in the quick oats and optional add-ins and mix until combined.
- Divide between two small ramekins and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with your favorite toppings!