This easily adaptable, gluten-free 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Blender Pancake recipe couldn't be more simple or delicious. It's the perfect breakfast for babies, adults, lazy cooks and everyone in between!
We are a pancake-lovin' family.
We love classic Whole Wheat Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes.
We never get sick of these Fluffy Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes.
If we have a chocolate craving, we always reach for my Healthy Chocolate Chickpea Flour Pancakes.
Even if we're in the mood for savory, we can always make these Savory Chickpea Flour Falafel Pancakes!
Basically, the flavor possibilities are endless when it comes to pancakes.
However, sometimes I want pancakes, but I don't want to spend a lot of time or effort to make them.
That's when I whip up these 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Blender Pancakes!
These pancakes are perfect for everyone, from little babies to busy adults.
Let me tell you how to make them!
Ingredients You'll Need for Oatmeal Blender Pancakes
As I've already mentioned, these pancakes only require 2 ingredients (excluding water). Plus, they are gluten-free and vegan!
The ingredients you'll need for these vegan blender pancakes are:
Are Blender Pancakes Good?
As you could probably guess, making vegan pancakes with only two ingredients won't result in ultra fluffy, classic pancakes.
If you want that, check out my Whole Wheat Vegan Buttermilk Pancake Recipe!
So don't expect that with this recipe!
While these 2 ingredient blender pancakes aren't like classic pancakes, they are easy to make and really delicious, thanks to natural sweetness from bananas.
If you have more time and energy, you can always add in some more ingredients to jazz up this simple recipe.
Some additions I recommend are:
- Baking powder (for fluffiness)
- Cinnamon (for flavor)
- Pinch of salt (to bring out the sweetness)
- Protein powder (for extra staying power!)
- Cocoa powder (to make chocolate pancakes)
Get creative with this recipe and make it your own!
How to Make Pancakes in a Blender
This recipe couldn't be easier to prepare.
All you'll need are two ingredients in addition to some water and a blender.
To make these pancakes using a blender, simply follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Step 1: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. You want to make sure the pan is heated before you pour the pancake batter on, otherwise they may stick.
- Step 2: Combine all of the ingredients, along with any other optional ingredients listed above, into a blender and blend until just combined and fairly smooth.
- Step 3: Pour the batter onto your warmed skillet, creating whatever sized pancake rounds that you desire. When bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over and allow them to cook through. Adjust the heat of your stove as necessary.
- Step 4: Place the pancakes on a plate and top with your favorite pancake toppings. Enjoy!
Best Pancake Toppings
In my opinion, pancakes are just a neutral vehicle for ALL the toppings.
I'll list out some of my favorite pancake toppings below:
- Maple syrup (duh)
- Fresh fruit
- Homemade Berry Compote
- Nut butter (try out my Homemade Peanut Butter, Pecan Butter or Healthy Nutella!)
- Homemade Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Or all of the above!
How to Store Leftover Blender Pancakes
The recipe I'm sharing today makes 1 serving, so you probably won't have many leftovers.
If you want to meal prep some for later, however, feel free to make a double or triple batch!
Allow the pancakes to cool completely before placing them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ¾ cup water
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. You want to make sure the pan is heated before you pour the pancake batter on, otherwise they may stick.
- Combine all of the ingredients, along with any other optional ingredients listed in the notes, into a blender and blend until just combined and fairly smooth.
- Pour the batter onto your warmed skillet, creating whatever sized pancake rounds that you desire. When bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over and allow them to cook through. Adjust the heat of your stove as necessary.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and top with your favorite pancake toppings. Enjoy!
Optional Ingredients: 1 tablespoon cocoa / cacao powder, 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons peanut flour, spices such as cinnamon, pinch of salt, pinch of baking powder.
Optional Toppings: pure maple syrup, nut butter, granola, cacao nibs, dried or fresh fruit, Chocolate Pumpkin Spread, Homemade Caramelized Buckwheat Groats, etc.
Healthworks Cacao/Cocoa Nibs Raw Organic
Healthworks Cacao Powder
Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Regular Rolled Oats
Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional-Grade, Self-Cleaning 64 oz Container, Black - 001372
Plant Biased: 90+ Easy Plant Based Recipes and Essentials Guide for Beginner's by Faith VanderMolen
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 413Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 13mgCarbohydrates 82gFiber 11gSugar 15gProtein 12g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.