Deck out your typical breakfast cereal with this sweet, decadent Vegan Chocolate Granola Recipe!
Before we talk about my newest obsession, A.K.A. this Vegan Chocolate Granola Recipe, I'm excited to say that I'm currently on a mini vacation inside of China. Usually when we travel we go to places like Hong Kong, Vietnam or Thailand, but I really haven't done much in-country travel since we moved to China.
Right now I'm hanging out with my language teacher and her family and we're celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival. I'll have to tell you more about our time when we get back, but as of right now I know Brett and I will be staying in a hotel, hanging out with my teacher and her family, going on some outdoor runs, and probably eating lots and lots of Chinese food.
Wish me, and my tummy, luck!
This vacation couldn't have come at a better time, because I feel like I'm hitting a language road block. I learn so many new vocabulary words everyday in class that I'm starting to feel like they're piling up and I'll never be able to remember them all. When overwhelming feelings come over me in regards to language, that's when I know I need a break! I'll still be doing some flash card review over our holiday, but not having to go to class will be a real treat. Plus, some fresh mountain air couldn't hurt either. Hopefully this mini vacation will allow me to get some R&R and I'll come back pumped to start class again on Monday!
Okay, now let's talk about this Vegan Chocolate Granola.
You guys. This stuff is crack.
I seriously can't keep my hand out of the jar and pop mini handfuls into my mouth whenever I'm in the kitchen. Well, maybe not that much, but it's definitely a regular occurrence! I'm so happy with how this Vegan Chocolate Granola turned out. The first couple batches weren't quite sweet enough, but I think I found the perfect sweetness that will make you feel like you're having a naughty breakfast, but won't leave you feeling horrible.
I've been loving this granola sprinkled on my oatmeal, eaten with frozen berries and soy milk, and, like I said, straight out of the jar. Please do yourself a favor and make this amazing Vegan Chocolate Granola! You won't regret it!
- 2 ½ cups quick oats
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup seeds of choice
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup liquid sweetener
- ½ cup cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 250F/120C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, from the oats to the salt.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir until all the dry ingredients have been coated.
- Pour the oat mixture onto your baking mat and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake the granola for about 45 minutes. Start by placing the tray on the upper level of your oven. After 15 minutes, move the tray to the lower level. At the 30 minute mark, mix the granola and place it back on the upper rack for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix in the cacao nibs/chocolate chips and store the granola in an airtight container.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 321Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 104mgCarbohydrates 33gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 5gSugar 16gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 6g
Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only.